Yahoo.com - trade successfully ?

This is a discussion on Yahoo.com - trade successfully ? within the First Steps forums, part of the Reception category; Hi, This is the first of 2 questions i have which i'll put under separate threads. Take note... i'm a ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Jul 24, 2005, 9:06pm   #1
Joined May 2004
Yahoo.com - trade successfully ?

Hi,

This is the first of 2 questions i have which i'll put under separate threads. Take note... i'm a novice....so they may seem stupid questions !!

But i want to ask the more experienced of you this :

I realize there may be limitations (or not ?) and you'd advise i rather get some or other pro software ...BUT... could one trade successfully by just using the charts that one finds in the Finance pages of Yahoo.com (.co.uk) ?
eezy$peezy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 24, 2005, 10:18pm   #2

Joined May 2003
One could trade successfully without using any charts at all, therefore it follows that the addition of Yahoo charts should not be a handicap. If you want to use charts to trade but don't want to pay for them then I would suggest one of the following in preference to yahoo.
http://stockcharts.com/charts/
http://bigcharts.marketwatch.com/
Old Jul 25, 2005, 11:27am   #3
Joined May 2004
eezy$peezy started this thread roguetrader,

thanks for your reply. I'll be taking a look at those alternatives suggested.
Old Jul 27, 2005, 12:22am   #4
Joined Jun 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by eezy$peezy
Hi,

This is the first of 2 questions i have which i'll put under separate threads. Take note... i'm a novice....so they may seem stupid questions !!

But i want to ask the more experienced of you this :

I realize there may be limitations (or not ?) and you'd advise i rather get some or other pro software ...BUT... could one trade successfully by just using the charts that one finds in the Finance pages of Yahoo.com (.co.uk) ?
Hi ep
what do you intend to trade ? shares ? indices? what time frame?end of day?intra day?
aarie5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 29, 2005, 1:37am   #5
Joined Aug 2004
Lightbulb Yes and No

HI
yeah its possible, it wouldnt be if you were thinking of trading intraday but longer term trading then i suppose so, but there are some good free software packages out there.. i use this one as its quite useful and contains fib levels, and has around 40 signals and indicators which is enough for me as i only use about 6 at most ever! the software is called wall street analyzer http://www.lathuy.com/ thats the website. decent software you can download the prices and volume data from www.yahoo.co.uk through the software, just make sure you know the ticker codes eg... vodafone is VOD.L then select the yahoo UK tab in the software. But if your a newbie then start here... (John C. Hull Options, Futures and Other Derivatives) (ISBN 0-13-149908-4) This is the bible.

Chio

Pietro
pietro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 1, 2005, 2:31pm   #6
Joined May 2004
eezy$peezy started this thread aarie5 & pietro,

Thanks for your replies !

@aarie5,

Still deciding on my plan, direction etc. But it will be based around EOD data.
Old Aug 2, 2005, 12:01am   #7
Joined Jun 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by eezy$peezy
aarie5 & pietro,

Thanks for your replies !

@aarie5,

Still deciding on my plan, direction etc. But it will be based around EOD data.

Heaps of eod out there and a lot of them free just do a google search
aarie5 is offline   Reply With Quote