Smart Technology Inc

This is a discussion on Smart Technology Inc within the First Steps forums, part of the Reception category; One way to see if it's a scam... You bought at 7, they're now at 8.50. See if you can ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Feb 14, 2006, 5:18am   #29

Joined Sep 2005
One way to see if it's a scam... You bought at 7, they're now at 8.50.
See if you can sell them back and take your profit.

Shareholder voting sheet?
If you vote (ie. fill in the form and send it off) how will you know if your vote has been effective?

Further stock is available?
Of course it is... who pays for it? The people who have already paid and (want to) believe in it, that's who.

Amgrove has ties to various 'organisations' which purport to be selling shares in various businesses - too many 'variouses' if you ask me. Why would money for services from "Wellington Duke" go to the same bank account as that of "Omega Equities"?
Where does Omega claim to be based? Check it out. If nothing else is known, start with the FSA - they will hwlp, if only with telephone numbers to widen the search.

By the way, Smart Tech does exist and they have a pretty impressive website, AND they're registered with the SEC in the USA. Check out their listing there. They say that they may never earn any income.

Last edited by FergusonsFollies; Feb 14, 2006 at 5:23am.
FergusonsFollies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 14, 2006, 2:13pm   #30

3 Posts
Joined Feb 2006
F.F.
I think it is still in the IPO stage so there is no active price currently, my main concern is whether I am an actual share holder or not. I originally thought not (scam), but then why would I receive the voting sheet, that's the bit that's puzzling me. I'm now thinking -perhaps it is ok and I'll sell when (if) they come live. (Who cares at what price -I'd written them off but $8.50 would be fine!!) If I were to email investor services at S.Tech would they tell me if I'm on the shareholders list? Lots of questions...that's why I have a suitable handle...thanks for reply above -appreciated.

IV.
Investalvirgin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 14, 2006, 7:15pm   #31

Joined Sep 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by Investalvirgin
F.F.
I think it is still in the IPO stage so there is no active price currently, my main concern is whether I am an actual share holder or not. I originally thought not (scam), but then why would I receive the voting sheet, that's the bit that's puzzling me. I'm now thinking -perhaps it is ok and I'll sell when (if) they come live. (Who cares at what price -I'd written them off but $8.50 would be fine!!) If I were to email investor services at S.Tech would they tell me if I'm on the shareholders list? Lots of questions...that's why I have a suitable handle...thanks for reply above -appreciated.

IV.
I. V.
I don't really know if you are a shareholder or not. I have seen very long lists of supposed shareholders - can't remember if it was on the American SEC site (I doubt it) or connected to S. T. site or perhaps even the Wellington-Duke site.
The point is probably that S. T. may never float - they state that they may never earn anything in their SEC statements and amendments to statements.
If you can trace whether or not the voting sheet actually came from S. T. or from your "advisory" group, you may be a little wiser.
I'd be interested to know where Omega claims to be based. Do you have an address? I have a contact in the Swiss government who could possibly shed light on that, if they claim to be in Switzerland.
Anyway, check out everything you can and post the results. That way, we all become a little wiser. Good luck
FF
FergusonsFollies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 15, 2006, 3:09pm   #32

3 Posts
Joined Feb 2006
send copies

Quote:
Originally Posted by Investalvirgin
I originally bought Smart Tech via Omega Equities, have received share cert, and having done a bit of checking (far too late) had decided to write it of to experience. However have just received further mail with shareholder voting sheet to return to smart Tech in USA. Now totally confused - do I have the shares or not? Why send Cert and later on, voting docs if a scam. Any idea how to find out if genuine or not. Mine were originally $7, states on website further stock at $8.50 available. Also done through Amgrove as per previous posts.
regards to all
I.V.
Why not send copies of the certificates to Smart Tech and ask if your registered address is the one you have.
Good luck.
q0822pixel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 16, 2006, 2:46am   #33

3 Posts
Joined Feb 2006
q0822pixel,
Thanks, good idea, I'll post the reply in due course.
regards all,
IV.
Investalvirgin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 23, 2006, 12:31pm   #34
Joined Dec 2005
Regarding the certs you got .

I am sure it is O.K . And to make sure about that just call the Transfer Agent and give them your name . They will tell you how many shares you are holding .

By the way , all those who posted that Smart Technology Inc. is a scam are incorrect .
Before almost 4 months , I was advised to buy Mobile Stream from Wellington Duke . They told me that they are going to buy me the shares at discount prices . At that time the stock price was $3.50 and they told me that they are going to buy me the shares under $3 . I bought some shares from them and bought more than 15K from the market . Right now the price is above $5.50 .

I think Smart Technology Inc. stock price will open above $25 . KPMG has evaluated Smart Technology Inc. stock price at price $22 per share .

Good luck to all
smartboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 12, 2006, 9:31pm   #35

1 Posts
Joined Mar 2006
Question Omega Equites & Amgrove finance Ltd

Richard Hi there,

Just wondering how you got on with this? did you buy in? I've been offered an IPO via this 'Omega Equities' and payment via 'Amgrove Finance Ltd'? Please reply and let me know if it seemed genuine or not,
Many thanks
Tim,

Quote:
Originally Posted by theweb4u
We have been offered shares in a company called Smart Technology Inc who they say are aiming to launch on the American Stock Market or the NASDAQ through a broker Wellington-Duke & Associates from Switzerland. The money is to be sent through Amgrove Finance Ltd. whom we cannot seem to find any information about on the Internet apart from a mention in one of these Forums.
I have talked with Smart Technology in the USA who have a web site and seem to be a real company although there is little about them on the Internet.
I have never heard of Wellington-Duke who say they were one of the brokers that handled the Pre Public Launch of Google.com and cannot find any information about them on the Internet either.
How do you go about checking if these people are legitimate or not? Are they registered anywhere as legitimate and trustworthy companies? What protection is there when you are purchasing shares like this?

Richard
timkingswood is offline   Reply With Quote