Smart Technology Inc

This is a discussion on Smart Technology Inc within the First Steps forums, part of the Reception category; Not quite sure what you mean by your message Neil. Maybe you have more experience or knowledge than others, I ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Feb 8, 2006, 9:34am   #22

Joined Sep 2005
Not quite sure what you mean by your message Neil.

Maybe you have more experience or knowledge than others, I don't know, but we are all innocent at some time, and we are all prone to being scammed unless we have had a good teacher (such as yourself?) or a bad experience.

The reason that boiler rooms thrive is twofold - they tell a good and believable story to people who are not (yet) in the know, and people do have dreams.

Until the lesson has been learned, the saying "If it sounds too good to be true, then it probably is" is easily ignored, pushed to one side by the hope that maybe, just this once, it might be real.

On second thoughts, I just re-read 'Smartboy's' posting... Some people are obstinate!

FF
FergusonsFollies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 8, 2006, 10:08am   #23

3 Posts
Joined Feb 2006
correction

Quote:
Originally Posted by neil
After reading these posts it is no wonder boiler room scams thrive - and beware of the "pump and dump" scammers who try to post here
I wrote: Checked out T2W for Wellington-Duke Associates and T2W's site turned up.

Should have been: Checked out Google for Wellington-Duke Associates and T2W's site turned up.
q0822pixel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 10, 2006, 12:38pm   #24
Joined Dec 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by q0822pixel
I wrote: Checked out T2W for Wellington-Duke Associates and T2W's site turned up.

Should have been: Checked out Google for Wellington-Duke Associates and T2W's site turned up.
had simelar calls myself. number of calls over 2 weeks when they thought they had me hooked offered me shares in black gold oil and gas( bkgd) . offered at 6dollars when 6.5. looked up company unable to find anything apart from what was on link they gave me. became very angry when i told them to go away. the shares are now about 1.25dollars. and dont know if it would be possible to sell them anyway as they are over the counter shares.
was nearly drawn in myself but my distrust of everyone saved me.
dcarrigan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 10, 2006, 7:17pm   #25

Joined Sep 2005
Yes, you know the old adage
"Being paranoid does not mean they're not out to get you"
FF
FergusonsFollies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 10, 2006, 7:37pm   #26
Joined Dec 2003
If you don't want to get scammed it's got nothing to do with 'knowing' nothing about finance or business BUT everything to do with being cynical when money is involved.

Strangers DO NOT 99.99% of the time call out of the blue offering people 'easy profits'.

So at the end of the day it comes down to COMMON SENSE and RESEARCH. This is why with the internet over 80% of those scammed could have saved their bacon by spending an hour or so Googling.

This is THE main reason why I always comment on these threads so as to create more information for the search engines to latch onto. Those that do their research on the internet are likely to find pages and sites like this and so better understand just what they're getting themselves into.
anley is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanks! The following members like this post: FergusonsFollies
Old Feb 10, 2006, 10:14pm   #27
Joined Dec 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by anley
If you don't want to get scammed it's got nothing to do with 'knowing' nothing about finance or business BUT everything to do with being cynical when money is involved.

Strangers DO NOT 99.99% of the time call out of the blue offering people 'easy profits'.

So at the end of the day it comes down to COMMON SENSE and RESEARCH. This is why with the internet over 80% of those scammed could have saved their bacon by spending an hour or so Googling.

This is THE main reason why I always comment on these threads so as to create more information for the search engines to latch onto. Those that do their research on the internet are likely to find pages and sites like this and so better understand just what they're getting themselves into.
to me it was the same with langbar, investors thinking they were getting shares worth £2 odd for 50-80p. as you say do your own research. with that company there wre plenty of investors with negative thoughts but they were shouted down on the bulition boards. as they say you get nowt for nowt.
dcarrigan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 14, 2006, 1:49am   #28

3 Posts
Joined Feb 2006
I originally bought Smart Tech via Omega Equities, have received share cert, and having done a bit of checking (far too late) had decided to write it of to experience. However have just received further mail with shareholder voting sheet to return to smart Tech in USA. Now totally confused - do I have the shares or not? Why send Cert and later on, voting docs if a scam. Any idea how to find out if genuine or not. Mine were originally $7, states on website further stock at $8.50 available. Also done through Amgrove as per previous posts.
regards to all
I.V.
Investalvirgin is offline   Reply With Quote