Sky Hamilton

This is a discussion on Sky Hamilton within the First Steps forums, part of the Reception category; Does Anyone know if Sky Hamilton is a legitimate recruitment agency or con merchants getting you to take courses and ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Aug 22, 2011, 10:40pm   #1

2 Posts
Joined Aug 2011
Sky Hamilton

Does Anyone know if Sky Hamilton is a legitimate recruitment agency or con merchants getting you to take courses and then the job offer disappears. Has anyone ever got a job from them?
cherylkashket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 23, 2011, 6:02am   #2
Joined Feb 2011
Re: Sky Hamilton

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherylkashket View Post
Does Anyone know if Sky Hamilton is a legitimate recruitment agency or con merchants getting you to take courses and then the job offer disappears. Has anyone ever got a job from them?

Type "Sky Hamilton" and Scam into Google.

http://forums.gumtree.com/viewtopic....390538&start=0

Sky Hamilton is mentioned down at the bottom

Last edited by barjon; Sep 29, 2011 at 8:04pm. Reason: removed allegation
marbig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 25, 2011, 12:08pm   #3

1 Posts
Joined Aug 2011
Angry Re: Sky Hamilton

Hi Cheryl

They are cheats! This year, they charged me 200 for a two day course to study CF1 and CF6 mortgage advice exams. The study materials were given on CD-R0M. This meant I had to print 100s of pages so that I can study without using my laptop.
They promised me that once I have passed the exams, they will help me get a job as a Mortgage Advisor. I have passed my exams. I have contacted the Rec. agent - Paul Dacey. But, he did not take my calls and did NOT even return my calls.
Thus, I believe they charge 200 to clients and promise to help them get a job. But, after the client does all the hard work and passes the exam, they do not wish to help.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherylkashket View Post

Last edited by barjon; Sep 28, 2011 at 12:09pm. Reason: insult removed
leo007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanks! The following members like this post: kurupt_guji
Old Aug 25, 2011, 12:33pm   #4
Joined Oct 2006

Sky Hamilton were mentioned a while back, same old story, selling 'training' and then a promise of a job. First it was mortgage advisors and then traders.

http://www.trade2win.com/boards/gene...oker-role.html
pboyles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 5, 2011, 3:32pm   #5

1 Posts
Joined Sep 2011

Its a shame these days everyone seems so negative, I got a job through Sky Hamilton in April and I didnt have to do a course with them, they are a recruitment company if they weren't it would be illegal for them to advertise that they are. I am actually going to see them next week as I am thinking of changing jobs again lol. I dont know if that helps.
summerdays is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 5, 2011, 4:13pm   #6
Joined Oct 2006

Quote:
Originally Posted by summerdays View Post
Its a shame these days everyone seems so negative, I got a job through Sky Hamilton in April and I didnt have to do a course with them, they are a recruitment company if they weren't it would be illegal for them to advertise that they are. I am actually going to see them next week as I am thinking of changing jobs again lol. I dont know if that helps.
It might help if it wasn't your first post here.
Old Sep 5, 2011, 4:14pm   #7
Joined Oct 2006

...and of course you joined today as well.