Sky Hamilton

This is a discussion on Sky Hamilton within the First Steps forums, part of the Reception category; Does Anyone know if Sky Hamilton is a legitimate recruitment agency or con merchants getting you to take courses and ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Aug 22, 2011, 11:40pm   #1

2 Posts
Joined Aug 2011
Sky Hamilton

Does Anyone know if Sky Hamilton is a legitimate recruitment agency or con merchants getting you to take courses and then the job offer disappears. Has anyone ever got a job from them?
cherylkashket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 23, 2011, 7:02am   #2
Joined Feb 2011
Re: Sky Hamilton

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherylkashket View Post
Does Anyone know if Sky Hamilton is a legitimate recruitment agency or con merchants getting you to take courses and then the job offer disappears. Has anyone ever got a job from them?

Type "Sky Hamilton" and Scam into Google.

http://forums.gumtree.com/viewtopic....390538&start=0

Sky Hamilton is mentioned down at the bottom

Last edited by barjon; Sep 29, 2011 at 9:04pm. Reason: removed allegation
marbig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 25, 2011, 1:08pm   #3

1 Posts
Joined Aug 2011
Angry Re: Sky Hamilton

Hi Cheryl

They are cheats! This year, they charged me £200 for a two day course to study CF1 and CF6 mortgage advice exams. The study materials were given on CD-R0M. This meant I had to print 100s of pages so that I can study without using my laptop.
They promised me that once I have passed the exams, they will help me get a job as a Mortgage Advisor. I have passed my exams. I have contacted the Rec. agent - Paul Dacey. But, he did not take my calls and did NOT even return my calls.
Thus, I believe they charge £200 to clients and promise to help them get a job. But, after the client does all the hard work and passes the exam, they do not wish to help.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherylkashket View Post

Last edited by barjon; Sep 28, 2011 at 1:09pm. Reason: insult removed
leo007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanks! The following members like this post: kurupt_guji
Old Aug 25, 2011, 1:33pm   #4
Joined Oct 2006

Sky Hamilton were mentioned a while back, same old story, selling 'training' and then a promise of a job. First it was mortgage advisors and then traders.

http://www.trade2win.com/boards/gene...oker-role.html
pboyles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 5, 2011, 4:32pm   #5

1 Posts
Joined Sep 2011

Its a shame these days everyone seems so negative, I got a job through Sky Hamilton in April and I didnt have to do a course with them, they are a recruitment company if they weren't it would be illegal for them to advertise that they are. I am actually going to see them next week as I am thinking of changing jobs again lol. I dont know if that helps.
summerdays is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 5, 2011, 5:13pm   #6
Joined Oct 2006

Quote:
Originally Posted by summerdays View Post
Its a shame these days everyone seems so negative, I got a job through Sky Hamilton in April and I didnt have to do a course with them, they are a recruitment company if they weren't it would be illegal for them to advertise that they are. I am actually going to see them next week as I am thinking of changing jobs again lol. I dont know if that helps.
It might help if it wasn't your first post here.
Old Sep 5, 2011, 5:14pm   #7
Joined Oct 2006

...and of course you joined today as well.
Old Sep 6, 2011, 9:33am   #8

1 Posts
Joined Sep 2011

yes i did just join today! but i want to defend a company that has helped me get a good job. yes i did do a course but not with them i did it with BPP upon completion sky hamilton were very helpful, they sent me to 4 interviews with various companies and i was offered a position by one of them. my advice is no matter what company it is there are always unhappy people and people that cant wait to share their bad experiences, i suggest forget what other people say best way is to judge something is to try it yourself as i did. thats just my opinion feel free to slag me off for it.
i went on holiday 2 months ago after booking my hotel i looked on trip advisor and 4 out of 10 people slagged the hotel off but i had the most amazing time and the hotel was stunning but if i listened to them 4 people i may not have gone but i am so glad i did try it for myself because i could not fault it one bit.
there are millions and millions of people in this country its not possible that everyone will be happy!!
smartgirl1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 6, 2011, 10:06am   #9
Joined Oct 2006

Quote:
Originally Posted by smartgirl1 View Post
yes i did just join today! but i want to defend a company that has helped me get a good job. yes i did do a course but not with them i did it with BPP upon completion sky hamilton were very helpful, they sent me to 4 interviews with various companies and i was offered a position by one of them. my advice is no matter what company it is there are always unhappy people and people that cant wait to share their bad experiences, i suggest forget what other people say best way is to judge something is to try it yourself as i did. thats just my opinion feel free to slag me off for it.
i went on holiday 2 months ago after booking my hotel i looked on trip advisor and 4 out of 10 people slagged the hotel off but i had the most amazing time and the hotel was stunning but if i listened to them 4 people i may not have gone but i am so glad i did try it for myself because i could not fault it one bit.
there are millions and millions of people in this country its not possible that everyone will be happy!!
These attempts at online reputation management have a habit of backfiring.
Old Sep 23, 2011, 8:53pm   #10
Joined Oct 2006

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomallan View Post
Why is everyone beening stupid and chatting **** when they are helping people like us get a job in finance .
So where did you get a job?