Sky Hamilton

This is a discussion on Sky Hamilton within the First Steps forums, part of the Reception category; Originally Posted by shewolf EricReed, You have not read Pboyles post properly. Like him, I would not work for any ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Nov 8, 2011, 9:55am   #121

Joined Nov 2010
Re: Sky Hamilton

Quote:
Originally Posted by shewolf View Post
EricReed, You have not read Pboyles post properly. Like him,

I would not work for any company involved in such a corrupt industry
I would not recommend anyone looking at trading as a business.
I would not recommend trading to anyone else.

BUT, I am happy to be a trader myself.

Correction: Tradette
Old Nov 11, 2011, 2:39pm   #122

1 Posts
Joined Jan 2011

Hey all, I had a rather dubious interview with Sky Hamilton about a year ago, and I was just doing a Google search as I was wondering about other people experiences.

I saw an ad for a Trainee Mortgage position that Sky Hamilton had, and cos I’d recently passed CeMap 1, I thought I’d ask about it, so I rang Sky Hamilton, someone called Gazelle (????!!!!) answered the phone and I told her I was enquiring about the job, she told me to come in the next day, knowing absolutely nothing about me; I asked if she wanted to see my CV, and she said no, just bring it in tomorrow and she’d send me an email to confirm...yes, let's prescreen a candidate we know nothing about! No email came so I called back and eventually an email arrived asked me to meet Terry Troakes at 9am.

The next day I went to their office and couldn’t believe what a dive it was – some grotty rented hole down a dodgy back alley. I was told to sit in the waiting room, while about 10 other people arrived one by one, all also scheduled to meet Terry Troakes at 9am!!!! We were eventually let into the main part of the offices, where the employees were “working” at their desk (in the 10 minutes while I was waiting all one did was mess around on Facebook, while the other was surfing the net for football articles), and through the door to one of the office I could hear one of the consultants literally shouting at a candidate.

Eventually I was ushered into a room, where we went through my CV and discuss the role, the interview seemed fairly legit and there was no hard selling of courses and the guy said he was going to submit my CV and get back to me with feedback. He never got back to me, but the interview seemed fairly normal, so maybe they might have been an actual recruitment company a year ago, and when they failed cos they were obviously crap, unprofessional and useless they started doing the course selling scam?

Whatever the case I wanted to come on here and tell them how crap they were when I dealt with them and advise everyone to avoid them like the plague…..looks like everyone’s already got more than enough reason to do that now though!
steve667 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 11, 2011, 5:30pm   #123
Joined Oct 2006

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve667 View Post
Hey all, I had a rather dubious interview with Sky Hamilton about a year ago, and I was just doing a Google search as I was wondering about other people experiences.

I saw an ad for a Trainee Mortgage position that Sky Hamilton had, and cos I’d recently passed CeMap 1, I thought I’d ask about it, so I rang Sky Hamilton, someone called Gazelle (????!!!!) answered the phone and I told her I was enquiring about the job, she told me to come in the next day, knowing absolutely nothing about me; I asked if she wanted to see my CV, and she said no, just bring it in tomorrow and she’d send me an email to confirm...yes, let's prescreen a candidate we know nothing about! No email came so I called back and eventually an email arrived asked me to meet Terry Troakes at 9am.

The next day I went to their office and couldn’t believe what a dive it was – some grotty rented hole down a dodgy back alley. I was told to sit in the waiting room, while about 10 other people arrived one by one, all also scheduled to meet Terry Troakes at 9am!!!! We were eventually let into the main part of the offices, where the employees were “working” at their desk (in the 10 minutes while I was waiting all one did was mess around on Facebook, while the other was surfing the net for football articles), and through the door to one of the office I could hear one of the consultants literally shouting at a candidate.

Eventually I was ushered into a room, where we went through my CV and discuss the role, the interview seemed fairly legit and there was no hard selling of courses and the guy said he was going to submit my CV and get back to me with feedback. He never got back to me, but the interview seemed fairly normal, so maybe they might have been an actual recruitment company a year ago, and when they failed cos they were obviously crap, unprofessional and useless they started doing the course selling scam?

Whatever the case I wanted to come on here and tell them how crap they were when I dealt with them and advise everyone to avoid them like the plague…..looks like everyone’s already got more than enough reason to do that now though!
Terry Troakes is now selling carbon credits so if you get a call out of the blue offering you the chance of a lifetime you'll know to pass on it.
pboyles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 11, 2011, 6:37pm   #124

5 Posts
Joined Nov 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricReed View Post
PBoyles, is that you:

Click the image to open in full size.

who you work for
you look like a kid that never sat in a car
james william is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 12, 2011, 1:03am   #125
Joined Oct 2006

Quote:
Originally Posted by james william View Post
you look like a kid that never sat in a car
What are you talking about, that sounds like a racist comment to me. Do you think we people of colour shouldn't be allowed to drive cars? Do you think we should only drive goats to market? I'm going to forward this thread to Rev Jesse Jackson and maybe even Al Sharpton, and possibly some other brothers.
pboyles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 13, 2011, 4:50pm   #126

Joined Nov 2001

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stronzo Coglioni View Post
Be careful PB, they are extremely touchy about the book. I suspect sales are not great and they don't want people slagging it off. Anyway bans have come very quickly after posting criticism of it - the reason given usually being "For posting unwanted spam"!

Maybe we should plan a "Bring back PB" campaign just in case PB disappears suddenly from this board
Old Nov 13, 2011, 5:02pm   #127
Joined Sep 2008

Good thing t2w wasn't started in Russia then.
"Comrade pBoyles? Never heard of him"

Peter
wackypete2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 27, 2011, 3:07pm   #128

Joined Jun 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by pboyles View Post
What are you talking about, that sounds like a racist comment to me. Do you think we people of colour shouldn't be allowed to drive cars? Do you think we should only drive goats to market? I'm going to forward this thread to Rev Jesse Jackson and maybe even Al Sharpton, and possibly some other brothers.
Wow, PBoyles ur really racist!
EricReed is offline   Reply With Quote