And again: Bio Defense Corp. scam ...

This is a discussion on And again: Bio Defense Corp. scam ... within the First Steps forums, part of the Reception category; Originally Posted by Englander Hi All, have never used a forum before, if my comment is out of context my ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Mar 14, 2012, 1:37pm   #29
Joined Oct 2006
Re: And again: Bio Defense Corp. scam ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Englander View Post
Hi All, have never used a forum before, if my comment is out of context my apologies. Today I got a phone call from an 'Attorney' wanting to buy my Bio Defense shares. I was sent a bunch of papers about 2 years ago, I refused to invest - I was suspiciuos. According to the call this morning (14/3/2012) I own 5000 shares, not as far as I am aware, I have never paid a penny to anybody for Bio Defense shares, and expressed no interest in them, but I said I wouldl sell them if I had any. Does any of this make any sense? - not to me.
Yes it makes sense. What they are attempting to do is work an advance fee fraud on you. They must be working off a contact list of people they spoke to 2 years ago. They will try to convince you that the shares are worth a lot of money and they will say that they will sell them for you but first of all you have to pay them a fee upfront for tax or something. Once you send them the money they will steal it and disappear.

In your case they must have assumed you bought shares 2 years ago. Luckily you didnt because the whole thing was a scam. Never buy shares from anyone who contacts you on the phone or by e mail.

The people that called you are criminals, not attorneys or brokers.
pboyles is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanks! The following members like this post: The Leopard
Old Mar 14, 2012, 1:57pm   #30

2 Posts
Joined Mar 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by pboyles View Post
Yes it makes sense. What they are attempting to do is work an advance fee fraud on you. They must be working off a contact list of people they spoke to 2 years ago. They will try to convince you that the shares are worth a lot of money and they will say that they will sell them for you but first of all you have to pay them a fee upfront for tax or something. Once you send them the money they will steal it and disappear.

In your case they must have assumed you bought shares 2 years ago. Luckily you didnt because the whole thing was a scam. Never buy shares from anyone who contacts you on the phone or by e mail.

The people that called you are criminals, not attorneys or brokers.
Thanks for your wise words, was as I suspected, nice to have it confirmed
Englander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 17, 2012, 10:28am   #31
Joined Dec 2011

Man, the cajoles on some of these people to try and pull this kind of stuff is pretty amazing... in a bad way. What's the average punishment for such a high-scale scammer/thief? Just some jail time?
TobyDoyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 28, 2012, 8:50pm   #32

2 Posts
Joined Mar 2012

It looks the management team of Biodefense has been completely changed, where will this new management team lead the company, anyone has information on it? I don't see anything going on since 9/2010 on company website. Still pray somone do right thing to reverse the damage that Lu did to us, good thing also multiplies the result.
Truthfailth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 14, 2012, 2:39pm   #33

2 Posts
Joined Apr 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dornye View Post
Hi there, my name is George Easton, i have the same problem,i have got a share certificate of 815 shares along with the weybill of where they were sent from, Florida
i also have the address of New Century Capital, along with the names of two of the ******* who pressured me into parting.(i would love to meet them in a dark alleway).
My e-mail is dornypcs@yahoo.co.uk if you want to get in touch.
Thanks Dornye
hello I'm a victim of biodefense scam, please email me more info my email
articunobrian@yahoo.com, thanks
okokok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 14, 2012, 2:56pm   #34

2 Posts
Joined Apr 2012

How can we get our money back from this scam any idiea please post
okokok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 14, 2012, 4:37pm   #35
Joined Oct 2006

Quote:
Originally Posted by okokok View Post
How can we get our money back from this scam any idiea please post
Most likely you'll never see a penny of it again.
pboyles is offline   Reply With Quote