And again: Bio Defense Corp. scam ...

This is a discussion on And again: Bio Defense Corp. scam ... within the First Steps forums, part of the Reception category; Originally Posted by pboyles I thought he was dead. Yes, it is hard to find noble heart nowadays, people aren't ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Jun 20, 2012, 4:55am   #41

5 Posts
Joined Jun 2012
Re: And again: Bio Defense Corp. scam ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by pboyles View Post
I thought he was dead.
Yes, it is hard to find noble heart nowadays, people aren't sensitive with the name any more.
Truthfaith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 18, 2012, 8:40pm   #42

6 Posts
Joined Jul 2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Truthfailth View Post
It looks the management team of Biodefense has been completely changed, where will this new management team lead the company, anyone has information on it? I don't see anything going on since 9/2010 on company website. Still pray somone do right thing to reverse the damage that Lu did to us, good thing also multiplies the result.
Completely changed? Perhaps...but many of the same ne'er do wells are still involved, and even listed on the website. I wouldn't touch it with a 10ft pole.
savvas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 30, 2012, 5:23pm   #43

5 Posts
Joined Jun 2012

Yes, somebody is pretending crazy or stupid from inside.
Truthfaith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 14, 2012, 4:18am   #44

3 Posts
Joined Oct 2012

I'm a Canadian investor. Looks like the old guard at BioD have been charged by the SEC with Fraud ,Sept 12,2012. Is anyone putting together a class actio suit or??
fundseeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 14, 2012, 10:52am   #45
Joined Oct 2006

Quote:
Originally Posted by fundseeker View Post
I'm a Canadian investor. Looks like the old guard at BioD have been charged by the SEC with Fraud ,Sept 12,2012. Is anyone putting together a class actio suit or??
Do you have a link to an SEC announcement or something?
pboyles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 14, 2012, 11:48am   #46
Joined Oct 2006

OK here it is.

SEC files charges against Bio Defense, executives for misleading investors about Boston firm - Boston.com
Old Oct 15, 2012, 2:00am   #47

3 Posts
Joined Oct 2012

A friend , investor spoke with Ed Walsh a week ago at BioD HQ . Don't quote me on the following , and you should call the co. yourself , as I will do in a week or so with a fellow investor on a 3 way call to be sure we get the story straight. He says they could have gone bankrupt but chose not to.They are still pursuing the medical waste treatment aspects of the technology, and of course the defense aspect , but the medical has more potential due to cutbacks in Gov't spending on defense of this type. He said the remaining executives feel a responsibility to the investors ( we invested before the 2008 crash) Ed says that when the dust settles on the charges against the former execs they will be able to tell us more about what happened with them . Right now they can't say much about that or there business plans going forward. From what I can read later investors from off continent were really caught up in a boiler room situationand much of their $ went to the promoters, not BioD. activities. I would think that the company will be under extreme scrutiny by authorities now. Hopefully they can make some headway and sell some product and make us some $. Not sure where they would get any $ from to do that though.
fundseeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 15, 2012, 7:05am   #48
Joined Oct 2006

Quote:
A friend , investor spoke with Ed Walsh a week ago at BioD HQ . Don't quote me on the following , and you should call the co. yourself , as I will do in a week or so with a fellow investor on a 3 way call to be sure we get the story straight. He says they could have gone bankrupt but chose not to.They are still pursuing the medical waste treatment aspects of the technology, and of course the defense aspect , but the medical has more potential due to cutbacks in Gov't spending on defense of this type. He said the remaining executives feel a responsibility to the investors ( we invested before the 2008 crash) Ed says that when the dust settles on the charges against the former execs they will be able to tell us more about what happened with them . Right now they can't say much about that or there business plans going forward. From what I can read later investors from off continent were really caught up in a boiler room situationand much of their $ went to the promoters, not BioD. activities. I would think that the company will be under extreme scrutiny by authorities now. Hopefully they can make some headway and sell some product and make us some $. Not sure where they would get any $ from to do that though.
It's more lies to keep stringing you along and most likely set you up to take more money from you. Michael Lu has already been prosecuted in Texas for breaching securities laws.
Old Oct 15, 2012, 8:54am   #49
Joined Oct 2006

Quote:
Biodefense have sold less than 10 machines but Lu and the other senior staff have paid themselves $4 million. That's $4 million of your money yet you call them to find out what's happening? They are going to tell you why you want to hear.

SEC announces details in fraud case against BioDefense Corp. | BioPrepWatch.com
Old Oct 15, 2012, 9:01am   #50
Joined Oct 2006

Previous securities offences committed by Lu and Brett Hamburger are mentioned here. Hamburger ran off to Indonesia for a few years but later gave himself up to the authorities.

http://www.trade2win.com/boards/dire...oration-2.html