Jake Bernstein

This is a discussion on Jake Bernstein within the Educational Resources forums, part of the Commercial category; I have been browsing through www.amazon.com as our Us cousins appear quite happy to let you view sample pages. This ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Jul 23, 2003, 10:45pm   #1
Joined Nov 2002
Jake Bernstein

I have been browsing through www.amazon.com as our Us cousins appear quite happy to let you view sample pages.

This guy appears to have been around a long time and to talk sense.

In many ways he seems to be a contemporary of Elder with a slightly more lucid writing style yet he does not appear to have the same critical acclaim.

I wonder whether anyone has any views out there.

I have just invested the princely sum of £6.05 (including postage) for a second hand copy of his day trading book.

kinglatfan
kinglatfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 24, 2003, 9:33am   #2

Joined Mar 2003
I bought the book 5 years ago, when I had aspirations ( at that time) of giving up market making to become a day trader. I found the book too t/a orientated for me, but the writing style is a lot more accessible, than (say) Mark Douglas. Personally speaking in 15 years of buying and reading these trade books, I have yet to find anything as informative or usefull as either " market wizards" or " reminiscences of a stock operator"

Wayno
CityTrader is offline Coach/Trainer   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 24, 2003, 11:16am   #3
Joined Dec 2002
This was my very first book when I started out about 2 years ago. Some thirty or so books later, it remains one of the best together with the books WAYNO mentioned above.

And hey at £6 it's a bargain! (I paid around £30).
Old Jul 24, 2003, 11:57am   #4
Joined May 2003
kinglatfan, Which book are you talking about?

Regards,

Imran
iq200 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 24, 2003, 12:06pm   #5
Joined May 2003
Also intrigued to know, where you bought it for £6?
iq200 is offline   Reply With Quote