The Rumpled One (TRO OR Avery Horton)

This is a discussion on The Rumpled One (TRO OR Avery Horton) within the Educational Resources forums, part of the Commercial category; Originally Posted by DionysusToast I agree with TN7 here. I am sure there are many ways to learn to trade. ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Oct 13, 2010, 5:25am   #33
Joined Nov 2001
Re: The Rumpled One (TRO OR Avery Horton)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DionysusToast View Post
I agree with TN7 here.

I am sure there are many ways to learn to trade. I for one do not agree with the 'sit and watch charts for 3 hours a day' approach. I disagree with it because you have no idea what it is you should be looking for. I do think that some people are lucky enough to have someone point them in the right direction and if you have that, then 'screen staring' will help you discover if that approach is something you can develop. You will be armed with the knowledge of what to look for and then given time you will discover if it is something you can see yourself.

In terms of people like TRO - such people help to prevent traders from ever being succesful. They fill your head with nonsense, build a crowd of followers who will jump on you if you ever dare question them and have ego's the size of a house.

These are not the hallmarks of a mentor that is secure in his ability to generate money from trading, who will accept all questions without considering them an affront and will tell you that he can only impart his methods, not make them work for you.
Oh, dear! TRO, circle the wagons!

DT, dare I say it? TRO actually helped me!

There!

Remember that he is a scalper. There is a lot that longer term traders can't understand,
but amongst that lot I found something and, since then, I've left him in peace.

To coin a phrase

There are nuggets.
Splitlink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 15, 2010, 7:19pm   #34

Joined Jan 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splitlink View Post
Oh, dear! TRO, circle the wagons!

DT, dare I say it? TRO actually helped me!

There!

Remember that he is a scalper. There is a lot that longer term traders can't understand,
but amongst that lot I found something and, since then, I've left him in peace.

To coin a phrase

There are nuggets.

Are you going to sit here and tell me that trading like a Rodent, using the Rodent rules, does not cause you to be Whiplashed half to death in markets that do not have enough sideways bandwidth?

Rat trading is nothing new. Its as old as the invention of the Candlestick! It is absolutely nothing more than Bottom or Top Fishing, and in the case of the Rat, it uses a standard 20 pip zone for buying or selling. The problem with this, is that the 20 pips "zone" is NOT a fixed variable in the market. The optimal buy/sell zone will fluctuate with the pair being traded AND the market conditions. Furthermore, if you get caught in one of these Currency Market Freight Trains moving North or South for extremely prolonged periods of time, and you are trading like a Rat, you will suffer systemic Whiplash and end up in a hospital undergoing a Spinal Tap!

Have you run this through a back-tester and produced an equity curve on the Rat methodology? Post those results and make sure you run the back-tests through vertical as well as horizontal markets.

Unless you can know with a high degree of certainty, where the Daily, Weekly, or Monthly High and/or Low is most likely to form, then you can expect nothing but Whiplash and Stopped Out trades by doing this consistently enough.

Post otherwise, if you can.
Old Oct 15, 2010, 8:06pm   #35
Joined Nov 2001

Quote:
Originally Posted by TraderNumber7 View Post
Are you going to sit here and tell me that trading like a Rodent, using the Rodent rules, does not cause you to be Whiplashed half to death in markets that do not have enough sideways bandwidth?

Rat trading is nothing new. Its as old as the invention of the Candlestick! It is absolutely nothing more than Bottom or Top Fishing, and in the case of the Rat, it uses a standard 20 pip zone for buying or selling. The problem with this, is that the 20 pips "zone" is NOT a fixed variable in the market. The optimal buy/sell zone will fluctuate with the pair being traded AND the market conditions. Furthermore, if you get caught in one of these Currency Market Freight Trains moving North or South for extremely prolonged periods of time, and you are trading like a Rat, you will suffer systemic Whiplash and end up in a hospital undergoing a Spinal Tap!

Have you run this through a back-tester and produced an equity curve on the Rat methodology? Post those results and make sure you run the back-tests through vertical as well as horizontal markets.

Unless you can know with a high degree of certainty, where the Daily, Weekly, or Monthly High and/or Low is most likely to form, then you can expect nothing but Whiplash and Stopped Out trades by doing this consistently enough.

I think that you have the wrong man. I don't, really, know what you are rattling on about.
Splitlink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 3, 2017, 3:19pm   #36

Joined Aug 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by TraderNumber7 View Post

Click the image to open in full size.

7 years later and the RAT ZONE is still working.

You are on the INTERNET, if you google search, you'll probably find what you are looking for.

Last edited by Trader333; Dec 14, 2017 at 5:37pm.
TheRumpledOne is offline Coach/Trainer   Reply With Quote