The Rumpled One (TRO OR Avery Horton)

This is a discussion on The Rumpled One (TRO OR Avery Horton) within the Educational Resources forums, part of the Commercial category; FWIW, he's worn out his welcome on many a forum....

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Jul 20, 2009, 5:04am   #17

Joined Jan 2008
FWIW, he's worn out his welcome on many a forum.
Mathemagician is offline Other (Please email T2W with details)   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 19, 2010, 10:26pm   #18

Joined May 2008
Re: The Rumpled One (TRO OR Avery Horton)

I like that he codes for free and posts charts, but I don't like that he sells the breakout bounce strategy. It makes you think that all he has done is a ploy to sell products.

I believe if your goal is to sell, that is fine but you need to communicate that first. If your goal is to help, you can't sell behind the scenes or it will diminish the trust you have with your protoges(however you spell that).

I'm a fan of his work though. Some of the indicators have been helpful and his Rat Reversals are good methods.

Overall, thumbs up to TRO
lbranjord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 20, 2010, 3:25pm   #19

Joined May 2008

http://www.answers.com/topic/prot-g

protégé

n.
One whose welfare, training, or career is promoted by an influential person.

[French, from past participle of protéger, to protect, from Old French, from Latin prōtegere.

[Literally: one who is protected].

hmm....the Firefox spell-checker does not offer up the correct spelling if I put it in slightly wrong (presumably because it is the English language version), but if I put it in correctly, it does not flag it up as an error.
montmorencyt2w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 25, 2010, 11:25pm   #20

Joined Aug 2006

Feel free to ask me questions directly.

You are on the INTERNET, if you google search, you'll probably find what you are looking for.
TheRumpledOne is offline Coach/Trainer   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 26, 2010, 12:43am   #21

Joined May 2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRumpledOne View Post
Feel free to ask me questions directly.
My question for you TRO is this, have you given up on EA's? I think with your coding experience, you'd be just as interested in creating those as indicators. I don't want one, I've just been curious about that for awhile. The indicator guru has never delved into Expert Advisors?

I'm only asking because I've been going crazy coding them now trying to find a repeatable task that works. It'd be nice to hear that it's possible.
Old Jul 27, 2010, 2:01pm   #22

Joined Aug 2006

NO, I have not given up on EAs because I HAVE NEVER WRITTEN ONE. I code indicators.

MT4 does not have the tools necessary to code a decent robot, IMHO. There are so many things you have to have the robot manage. Failure to do so results in loss.

You are on the INTERNET, if you google search, you'll probably find what you are looking for.
Old Jul 27, 2010, 2:31pm   #23

Joined May 2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRumpledOne View Post
NO, I have not given up on EAs because I HAVE NEVER WRITTEN ONE. I code indicators.

MT4 does not have the tools necessary to code a decent robot, IMHO. There are so many things you have to have the robot manage. Failure to do so results in loss.
I realize your rat system wouldn't fit and a few of the other more discretionary methods to your trading. But if you can open, close and modify an order. You can create your stop loss criteria and trail it however you like. You can use any indicator available in MT4 and get the shape of all the recent candles based on high/low/open/close, you should be able to create an EA from it. If you cannot, it must be because your methods are largely intuitive.

I don't see anything wrong with intuition, just stating a fact as I see it.
Old Aug 5, 2010, 2:06pm   #24

Joined Aug 2006

Quote:
Originally Posted by lbranjord View Post
I realize your rat system wouldn't fit and a few of the other more discretionary methods to your trading. But if you can open, close and modify an order. You can create your stop loss criteria and trail it however you like. You can use any indicator available in MT4 and get the shape of all the recent candles based on high/low/open/close, you should be able to create an EA from it. If you cannot, it must be because your methods are largely intuitive.

I don't see anything wrong with intuition, just stating a fact as I see it.
I never said an EA could NOT be created. I said I do not code EAs.

There is NOTHING intuitive about trading this method:

1) price within 20 pips of the daily low - that is OPPORTUNITY

2) red candle closes

3) green candle closes - note the high price of the green candle.

4) enter long at the green candle's high price

5) STOP LOSS IS 10 PIPS

6) Take whatever profit you can.

7) If the rules do not mention it, then it is of no concern.