Boiler Room Scams

This is a discussion on Boiler Room Scams within the Educational Resources forums, part of the Commercial category; I was reading many of the postings in this forum. Most of the brokers are seem like a scam. Anyone ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Nov 11, 2008, 10:27pm   #1051
Joined Jun 2008
Any good brokers out there?

I was reading many of the postings in this forum.
Most of the brokers are seem like a scam.
Anyone can recommend a decent FX broker? Looking to trade mini crude oil.

Thanks,

Steven
Stelen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 3, 2008, 11:55am   #1052
Joined Jun 2003
Just been cold-called by an outfit from Hong Kong called "World Energy International". Watch out!
Rainmaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 9, 2008, 3:08am   #1053
Joined Feb 2008
"Boiler Room Scams"

Quote:
Originally Posted by charlesm View Post
Following the general 'thread' of the above I have been approached by Jefferson Holt and told of a report on a particular company in America - Galaxy Minerals. There is a minimum investment and there is a limited response time to sign up. If anyone can give me more feedback on Jefferson Holt Consulting and as to whether there is a chance of it being a decent proposal or just a con.

I also found a link to FSA showing a list of known unregulated overseas firms targeting UK investors: - http://www.fsa.gov.uk/pages/Doing/Re.../overseas.shtm
- but they weren't on it.

If anyone can answer Trendie's questions to their validity it would be appreciated.
Thanks
Things seem to have quitened down on this thread. However maybe this can invite some response - I would be interested in comments/observations. It does not relate to a 'boiler room' but a number of investors will testify that 'boiler room' tactics and strategy were engaged by the following....IS Intersecurities GmbH , Frankfurt, had an association with A-Street Capital, Chicago . Philip T Powers V P & Secretary in house Attorney of A-Street Capital was also the CUSTODIAN for California Securities S A shared the same address as A-Street Capital, 60 W Randolph St., CHICAGO. BUT it transpires that California Securities SA , Attorney at Law and President is domiciled in PANAMA ! . IS Intersecurities GmbH, Managing Directors Iain Richardson/Frank Blache & Head of Private Clients C A Rait had licence revoked by the German Regulator 26/7/2005. It then changed name on 1/6/2005 - same M D's and , same Head of Private Clients Europe, same address, phone/fax numbers " otherwise everything remains the same" says the Head of Private Clients Europe in his letter dated 1/6/2005 to all the clients. This letter was written in the new name FSW Europe GmbH from the same address in Frankfurt. Now IS Intersecurities GmbH/FSW Europe GmbH are
operating by the good grace of FSW Securities GmbH , Berlin., using the same logo on the stationery - identical to the letter head of FSW Securities GmbH . The personnell there were (a Mr Abel deceased , succeeded by ) Anthony Peter MD & Payam Mohseni Compliance Officer. FSW Securities GmbH terminated the arrangement with FSW Europe GmbH in July 2007 for reasons yet unexplained. It is then revealed that FSW Securities GmbH received an injection of funds from Info Fields Investment Hong Kong whose owner is a Mr Greg Sott Rullo .Eureka ! in September 2007 there is a change of name to Creston Financial Group , Mr Mohseni leaves the scene & replaced by Heiko Schoppe Attorney and Legal Compliance Director. Mr Anthony Peter remains as MD.
Now in September 2008 the main shareholder in FSW Securities GmbH/Creston Financial Group files for insolvency in Charlottenberg Courts , Berlin for INSOLVENCY.
So after 5 years trying to get a satisfactory response to communications we are in COURT ! The name FSW Europe GmbH or the company registration had to cease by demand of FSW Securities GmbH and Mr Iain Richardson (apparently minus Frank Blache and his Head of Private Clients Europe ) continued in the name of ISAS GmbH
but unlicenced . This is an ongoing saga in an attempt to hold the corporate body's and Directors accountable.
Gold31 is offline Other (Please email T2W with details)   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 9, 2008, 8:15am   #1054
Joined Feb 2005
Gold 31
If you've read back you know this is a scam. You've probably invested before so they have you down as a good potential. Don't go with somebody who cold calls you, offers you a great investment and tries to rush your decision to play on your wish for a quick win. Believe me, there are plenty more such offers around. None of them are real. IT'S A SCAM. Have you looked for Jefferson Holt anywhere other than the FSA list? That list, I'm afraid is almost useless. The FSA is not really set up to deal with this kind of scam. It is too slow and careful and, frankly, shows little or no interest apart from giving general warnings. I did the same check years ago when Linsure took my money through a company called Globus International. Neither were on the FSA list so I thought I was OK to deal with them. Very stupid and very costly for me. My advice is learn from other's mistakes and stay clear.
Droyston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 9, 2008, 10:52am   #1055
Joined Dec 2003
The FSA are basically one useless organisation. They remind me a lot of the Police - totally useless unless you're going 47pm in a 40mph zone in which case they'll throw the book at you.
anley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 10, 2008, 12:12pm   #1056
Joined Dec 2008
hello ,
With the current stock market investment climate being what it is , invariably most of the stock boiler room chaps will be venturing into other worthless investment products .Keep an eye out for valueless Timber Investments and new scam wine companies .I personally know of two who are presently fleecing on a grand scale .Investors be vigilant .If anybody phones you ask them to send you a copy of their passport , Why ? quite simply because most of these cowboys use false names when they are pitching their sorry asses off .
alistair Cameron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 10, 2008, 12:59pm   #1057

Joined Feb 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by alistair Cameron View Post
hello ,
With the current stock market investment climate being what it is , invariably most of the stock boiler room chaps will be venturing into other worthless investment products .Keep an eye out for valueless Timber Investments and new scam wine companies .I personally know of two who are presently fleecing on a grand scale .Investors be vigilant .If anybody phones you ask them to send you a copy of their passport , Why ? quite simply because most of these cowboys use false names when they are pitching their sorry asses off .
Nice one me old fruit, but what happens when they spend a short amount of time by doctoring a passport to look real then pass it off as a copy. If fakers can make real looking passports then these guys could make real looking copies a lot easier.

Simply stay away from cold callers, do not engage in any conversation as it will be very polite and kind to sucker you in, the longer they keep you talking, the higher the chance of them getting your money let alone wasting your time at the least. Tell them a firm no thankyou and hang up.
Lee Shepherd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 10, 2008, 1:26pm   #1058
Joined Dec 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee Shepherd View Post
Nice one me old fruit, but what happens when they spend a short amount of time by doctoring a passport to look real then pass it off as a copy. If fakers can make real looking passports then these guys could make real looking copies a lot easier.

Simply stay away from cold callers, do not engage in any conversation as it will be very polite and kind to sucker you in, the longer they keep you talking, the higher the chance of them getting your money let alone wasting your time at the least. Tell them a firm no thankyou and hang up.
Lee ,
Thank you for your reply .I certainly agree with your comments vis-a-vis hanging up the phone etc , however i,m more interested in catching the perpretrators of these despicable crimes and bringing them to justice through appropriate legal recourse .The world,s regulatory bodies and law enforcement agencies are simply far too slow in doing so , why ? because they don,t have the manpower , or indeed financial budget .

I sense a lot of anger and annoyance in the tone of your email .At a point in the past were you taken in by one of these outfits ?
Regards
A Cameron
Old Dec 10, 2008, 1:46pm   #1059

Joined Feb 2008
Mr Cameron,

I have reported your posts to the mods, they break advertising rules on here and they are a blatant guise to get even more money from the vunerable. I have not been scammed but as a retail investor of over a decade can smell the sh1t from the roses shall we say. I do this all for free and when I can, a scam is not rocket science to identify. Your services are simply not needed in any way shape or form so kindly take your business elsewhere.

Mods:
I hope we can get a quick resolve on this matter as preying on the vunerable is exactly what the scammers do and for this reason feel that this guys 'help' is totally unecessary, not that 'help' is what it can be called when you are exchanging money for a 'so called' service, this is no more than a business transaction.
Thanks! The following members like this post: Hoggums
Old Dec 10, 2008, 2:00pm   #1060
Joined Dec 2008
Honesty and Sincerity Put to good use !!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee Shepherd View Post
Mr Cameron,

I have reported your posts to the mods, they break advertising rules on here and they are a blatant guise to get even more money from the vunerable. I have not been scammed but as a retail investor of over a decade can smell the sh1t from the roses shall we say. I do this all for free and when I can, a scam is not rocket science to identify. Your services are simply not needed in any way shape or form so kindly take your business elsewhere.

Mods:
I hope we can get a quick resolve on this matter as preying on the vunerable is exactly what the scammers do and for this reason feel that this guys 'help' is totally unecessary, not that 'help' is what it can be called when you are exchanging money for a 'so called' service, this is no more than a business transaction.
Dear Mr Shepherd ,
First and foremost I am not a scammer , so kindly refrain from implying I may be .
If scams are not difficult to recognise , then why have so many been taken in by them , and we are not talking about un-educated retail investors here , but rather professionals such as lawyers , doctors , IFA,s etc .
Furthermore , if I can stop future retail investors from losing their hard earned savings to these despicable scamsters , I will do my utmost to do so .Also , what I am offering is a professional service to protect innocent investors which involves my time and expertise .Intelligent application of knowledge is a intrinsically valuable commodity .

So do me a favour and start acting like a responsible adult and investor .What I do saves people a lot more money than it could cost them .

Can,t you spot a good thing when you see it , or are you full mistrust and misguided intentions .

WAKE UP AND SMELL THE COFFEE
Old Dec 10, 2008, 2:03pm   #1061
Joined Dec 2008
Mr Shepherd ,
Furthermore I am not interested in hearing from investors who have been fooled , but rather investors who might be tempted .The former should contact a solicitor or operation archways -Att-Bob Wishart .
A cAMERON
Old Dec 10, 2008, 2:10pm   #1062

Joined Jan 2006

Listen To Lee - Alastair Cameron Is Just Another Scammer Trying To Get Money From You.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend,
inside of a dog, it's too dark to read. -- G Marx.
Hoggums is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 10, 2008, 2:25pm   #1063

Joined Feb 2008
Mr Cameron,

I will refrain from getting into a petty arguement with you as I feel that your time on here is already expired and it is only a matter of time before you and your unecessary business is removed from this forum. I will state however that if you read back through my posts, you will find no mention me accusing you of being a scammer, I merely pointed out that this is typical of what scammers do. You being in this industry would surely know this and the mere fact you by pass it makes it more suspicious.

Either way, your services are not needed, anyone that does there due diligence will know whether a deal is bona fide or not. Your 'help' to 'save' people money willl only cost them more unecessary cash to begin with. I urge people to do there own due diligence, your services have not been require in the past and are certainly not required now. Anyone that requires help and for free can post on here, I amongst others will do there best to point them in the right direction as to the deal being of sound nature or not, best of all, this is for free and therefore can be classed as 'help', not the business transaction you mention of.
Thanks! The following members like this post: JTrader
Old Dec 10, 2008, 2:52pm   #1064
Joined Dec 2003
Fight
anley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 10, 2008, 5:39pm   #1065
Joined Dec 2008
I am not a scammer but a professional who offers a sincere ,honest and invaluable service to retail investors who may be tempted by investment criminals . Please kindly refrain from referring to me as a scammer because false and vindictive accusations are a waste of energy and time .