Boiler Room Scams

This is a discussion on Boiler Room Scams within the Educational Resources forums, part of the Commercial category; Beware of the following 2, Labanna Capital, "trading" with Triton Ore, well known from Axis Capital Group Jakarta scammers, and ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Mar 22, 2016, 11:20am   #4231
Joined Jan 2015
Beware of the following 2, Labanna Capital, "trading" with Triton Ore, well known from Axis Capital Group Jakarta scammers, and Carlton Church cold calls guys who seem to be still on what the crooks call "suckers list", you get cold called by any of these don't waste your time and hang up....actually that's how every cold call should be handled.

http://www.labannacapitalmgmt.com

Denmark
Town Hall Square
Rådhuspladsen 16
Copenhagen, Denmark 1550

(45) 8851 0379

info@labannacapitalmgmt.com

Taiwan
Walsin Xinyi Building
No.1 Songzhi Road
Taipei, Taiwan 110

================================================== ===================================

http://www.carltonchurch.net

Carlton Church

Toranomon Hills
1 Chome - 23 Toranomon
Minato-ku, Tokyo, Japan
Tel No. +81 3 6388 0373

Tower 25 Staninou
Nicosia, Cyprus
Tel No. +35 7 2200 0827
Email: clientservices@carltonchurch.com
tom2048 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 24, 2016, 5:42pm   #4232

Joined Mar 2004
This clever scam is currently doing the rounds via email.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Argos’ email

This con, made to look like an email from Argos, has been sent out in the past three weeks, apparently offering you the chance to win a £500 prize.

But Action Fraud has told us that the email contains two potentially malicious hyperlinks. There’s one hidden within the ‘unique code number’ and another one on the bottom of the message under ‘click here’ to unsubscribe from emails.

The National Fraud Investigation Bureau has received more than 20 recent reports of this phishing email and although all of them were exactly the same, they were sent from different addresses, such as: kentavious@bate208.fireandfame.com; prince@textto232.concentendeavors.com or sedna@e3da34a06.findgoodtrades.com.

The email asks you to click on a link to a £500 gift card. But, guess what? There is no gift card. If you click, the chances are that the fraudsters will ask for your bank account details in order to make the transfer, which will never arrive. DO NOT DO IT!
Old Mar 28, 2016, 8:57am   #4233
Joined Jan 2015
Another boiler room name, Equity Resource Corp., seems to focus on Axis Capital Management (Jakarta) victims, rip them off a second time, in case the victims haven't been completely ruined already by the previous scumbags.

Fake address they are giving:

Equity Resource Corp.
5th Fl., Mazda Yaesudori Bldg.
10-7, Hatchobori 1-chome, Chuo-ku
Tokyo, 104-0032

http://equityresourcecorp.com

Stay away form those crooks, they are only telling lies on the phone, whatever money you send them disappears.
tom2048 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 3, 2016, 2:06am   #4234

1 Posts
Joined Apr 2016
Scammed big way >200K USD by "BNP Partners" in Ferrari Class A Shares
BNP Partners (http://www.bnppartners.com said their parent company is BNP Capital Partners, LLC registered in Delaware); three people John London, Gerard Powers, Johnathan Franklin brainwashed me in a boiler room to invest in Ferrari Class A stocks that will be sold to Kingdom Holding in attractive rates and Lured me for past 5 months since Oct'15; in end they said sale is done and got ransom tax/restriction fees on non existing position in a fake trading platform that gives Fake SEC Form IV etc. They had Fake Hong Kong/Shanghai address with some local HK admin also calling few times who coordinate for the remittances via Escrows etc..
MSR SG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 5, 2016, 4:15pm   #4235
Joined Dec 2012
Thomas Anthony Guerriero

Thomas Anthony Guerriero

Of the
Paragon GPS Inc,
WMX Group Inc
Oxford City Football Club LLC
as well as
WMX Group Holdings Inc,
WMX Wealth Advisors LLC,
WMX World Mercantile Exchange,
World Intellectual Property Exchange Inc,
WMX Insurance Group Inc,
Rock Holdings Inc,
Simple Call Solutions LLC,
Oxford City Realty LLC,
Oxford City University a Christian Institution Inc,
Oxford City Basketball Club Inc,
fame,

The Securities and Exchange Commission, SEC, today, Dec. 11, 2015, announced fraud charges and a court-ordered asset freeze….
Source :
https://www.sec.gov/news/pressrelease/2015-278.html

See also Litigation Release :
https://www.sec.gov/litigation/litre...15/lr23429.htm
blackwatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 8, 2016, 5:37am   #4236

1 Posts
Joined Apr 2016
Value Management Asia Inc.

Hey all,
I received a couple of calls by a firm named Value Management Asia Inc. in Seoul, South Korea. They lured me into opening an account and buying shares of a company named Astor Explorations.

After a couple of discussions I thought to give it a try and received later a call from Florida in the states where according to them I repeated on tape that I agree to by before mentioned shares.
I was sceptical from the beginning and still am so haven't transferred money yet. What makes it extra suspicious is that after discussing payment terms and instructions a couple of times they eventually offered me to transfer money directly to an account held by Astor Explorations. Why would I transfer money to a company I want to by shares of?

I feel I should back out of this. Do I need to worry at all due to before mentioned recorded call?

Your opinion is highly appreciated.

Regards
J
JCW19866 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 8, 2016, 8:38am   #4237

Joined Mar 2004
If in doubt opt out
Old Apr 8, 2016, 2:21pm   #4238
Joined Dec 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by JCW19866 View Post
Hey all,
I received a couple of calls by a firm named Value Management Asia Inc. in Seoul, South Korea. They lured me into opening an account and buying shares of a company named Astor Explorations.

After a couple of discussions I thought to give it a try and received later a call from Florida in the states where according to them I repeated on tape that I agree to by before mentioned shares.
I was sceptical from the beginning and still am so haven't transferred money yet. What makes it extra suspicious is that after discussing payment terms and instructions a couple of times they eventually offered me to transfer money directly to an account held by Astor Explorations. Why would I transfer money to a company I want to by shares of?

I feel I should back out of this. Do I need to worry at all due to before mentioned recorded call?

Regards
J

Most Likely a Boiler Room Scam
My Advise - Stay away - Keep your Money

Have you asked to make payments to a Bank in Jakarta.
If so please contact me at blackwatch09@gmail.com
Thank you

Last edited by blackwatch; Apr 9, 2016 at 1:21pm.
blackwatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 13, 2016, 5:09am   #4239
Joined Apr 2012
I feel I should back out of this. Do I need to worry at all due to before mentioned r

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCW19866 View Post
Hey all,

Regards
J
Firstly, I'm not proud of what I did before. I was working as a "Senior Portfolio Manager" and then as a "Vice President of Institutional Trading". Also known in the Boiler room business as a "Loader" I got out several years ago and started trying to help people to NOT get ripped off.

Secondly, It is 1000% a SCAM. Your "Portfolio Manager" wrote up your "deal" and said he would pass it on to a "Compliance Officer" He most likely "Buttoned you up" first by getting you to agree to buy the "Shares" and listen to his advice when time to sell and judge him or her on the % profits. For a "long and profitable" relationship. Right? He failed to mention that it will only be profitable for him and his Boiler room buddies.

Getting back to the "recorded" compliance call. I have made many of these calls myself and it usually consists in getting you to say "yes" about 7 times during the call. Confirming your info, yes, yes, yes that is correct. Then agreeing to TT the funds within 3 days. It's never recorded and they may call you if you "Kick" (meaning refusing to pay) and threaten you with legal action. They usually say that the recording is a "digital signature" Like signing a contract. If you get that call, Just tell them that your wife is Korean and she has been to their listed address and they aren't there. See what the little S%$t says to that.

Bottom line, NEVER believe anyone calling you about these investments.
They use scrips that are written to Psychologically convince you to buy. Appealing to your Greed. Two reasons why people fall for these scams. 1 Greed and 2. Fear of loss. Te profits seem fantastic or he only has a few shares left for new clients and they may be gone by the end of the day.

I've got scripts and lists of rebuttals if you want, message me and I'll send them to you so you can tell their MO next time they call.
One of my favorite lines for when someone said that a particular OTC / Pink Sheet stock didn't have any trading volume was "Well, John, I'm looking at a Reuters Level two Blue Screen and I see where Merrill-Lynch just purchased 2 Million shares and the news of this contract is not public information yet. No such thing as a Reuters Level two Blue Screen.

Value Management Asia Inc
Address: Young Poong Building 8F, 33 Seorin-dong Jongro-g Seoul, 110-752 South Korea
Telephone: +822 6022 1202
Fax: +822 6022 1274

This is a Serviced office building like Regus. They are not there.
Good luck but tell them to FO!

Last edited by whistler_man; Apr 13, 2016 at 5:17am. Reason: additional info added
whistler_man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 13, 2016, 7:52pm   #4240

2 Posts
Joined Apr 2016
Quote:
Originally Posted by termon View Post
I was duped into buying shares in Paragon GPS in 2011 and since by Thomas Guirriero of Oxford City FC into doing the same. The latter has had negative issues with the SEC since.
I have had numerous calls from parties trying to acquire these shares but requiring up front payments for a variety of reasons from purchasing other shares at a discount (?) to so called FDIC agents and lately from a company called Bacall and Associates asking me to pay a US revenue fee do derestrict the shares before they would sell them. Are many others facing these requests?
As you I was tricked into investing in this worthless Paragon stock back in 2011. Numerous stock brokers have approached me to help me recover my investment. Most recent by Bacall & Associates regarding my unfortunate investment in Paragon. Their offer is to swap my shares in Paragon for share blocks in a famous american car maker. The problem is that the share blocks are worth more than the offer for my stocks in Paragon, and this difference I have to pay up front.

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackwatch View Post
Paragon GPS Inc was first incorporated in Delaware on 03Oct07 and then in Texas on 01Feb11.

On 03Nov11 Paragon GPS Inc advised Shareholders that "Paragon GPS Inc. is experiencing outstanding progress in our business. We have secured significant financing to allow us to pursue our business plan faster and more in-depth".

On 20Feb12 Paragon GPS announced to the Board of Directors unanimous resolution to dissolve the corporation and distribute its only remaining assets, 3,000,000 common shares of WMX Group Inc to all the Paragon GPS shareholders.

On 02Mar12 Paragon GPS Inc announced to the Shareholders that "On January 26th, 2012 the Board of Directors executed a formal vote on selling all of the Paragon GPS Inc intellectual property and assets to WMX Group Inc".

WMX Group Inc was incorporated in the State of Nevada on 18Apr12.
President, Secretary, Treasurer and Director is Thomas Guerriero, i.e. ONE man show. The address of WMX Group Inc was given to be ; Harvard Square, One Mifflin Place, 4th Floor, Cambridge MA most likely c/o Regus Business Centre.

WMX Group had also been registered in New York, not really, and Florida.
It is my understanding that Thomas Anthony Guerriero have had a number of issues with the SEC and other Government Organisations and perhaps on both sides of the great pond.
I understand he was appointed a Director of Oxford City Football Club (Trading) Ltd., a UK company, in order to facilitate the Club’s activities, I do however understand the trading had been done from his company, Oxford City Football Club Inc., incorporated and located in Florida, US.
It now transpires that his Directorship with the UK Club was terminated on 14Dec15. (I wonder why).

I also do not understand why various parties want to acquire worthless and non-existing shares. Could it be they wish to further defraud you !

I do not know what you have, what you know and where you want to go from here but if I can help contact me at blackwatch09@gmail.com

In the meantime, whatever they say, whatever they promise – DO NOT PAY THEM ANY MORE MONEY – IT IS A FRAUD
I guess that is true. I invested a (for me) large sum in Paragon in 2011, and suspect the value today is (close to) nil.
hjsteg is offline   Reply With Quote