Boiler Room Scams

This is a discussion on Boiler Room Scams within the Educational Resources forums, part of the Commercial category; Originally Posted by pboyles Apparently so, seems he hangs out in your part of the world. Home Jungle Jil: Complainonline.net, ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Aug 26, 2012, 4:40pm   #3361

Joined Dec 2011
Re: Boiler Room Scams

Quote:
Originally Posted by pboyles View Post
Apparently so, seems he hangs out in your part of the world.

Home

Jungle Jil: Complainonline.net, The New Harris Black Scam
What are you implying....?? Very first word of the article mentions Pattaya a place which will certainly never see his footsteps again...
Old Aug 26, 2012, 7:04pm   #3362

Joined Nov 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by jungerns View Post
What are you implying....??
go on jungerns, work those brain cells, do a soduko or maybe a painting by numbers & then see if you can work out the implication.

connection clue #1: SPs = scammers; Harris = ?

clue #2:
? = sc_mmers

Come back when you have got it.
rsh01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 26, 2012, 9:45pm   #3363
Joined Oct 2006

Quote:
Originally Posted by jungerns View Post
What are you implying....?? Very first word of the article mentions Pattaya a place which will certainly never see his footsteps again...
So what did you buy from him? A forex robot, land in Ukraine, tartan paint?
pboyles is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanks! The following members like this post: rsh01
Old Aug 27, 2012, 8:25pm   #3364

Joined Nov 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by pboyles View Post
So what did you buy from him? A forex robot, land in Ukraine, tartan paint?
a ladyboy?
rsh01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 28, 2012, 3:10pm   #3365

4 Posts
Joined May 2012

Just to let everyone know, latest scam I have come across is Mercator Amalgamated, sorry if this has been quoted before, but did a search and came up with no results.
They call you, say you have a number of shares, then say they can get you out (cash out), but you have to increase your shares by some amount, to reach a minimum.
The usual scam, pay the funds at your own risk ... it won't happen and you won't hear from them again. The name to ring alarm bells, Michael Fisher, company Mercator Amalgamated (supposedly based in Rome).
Robbo8237 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 29, 2012, 1:56am   #3366
Joined Apr 2012

Saw the site. Looks like others for this boiler room guy, Hilton. take a look at one of his last deals.
Capital letters: Consumer champion Tony Levene fights for your rights | Money | The Guardian
Also supposedly in Rome.

I'll bet they are in bangkok as he has Thai wife and kids.

Don't be shy. When you get a call from these guys, usually a posh sounding brit with a made up name, confront them. Say, "How's the weather there in Rome?" I'll bet he reads from the yahoo weather report for the day. They all have info on the place they say they are calling from. It's a scam!
whistler_man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 30, 2012, 3:22am   #3367

6 Posts
Joined Aug 2012

Folks- very new to this site, but I've read a lot about these scams and I nearly signed up. Thanks to the alerts here I haven't. They tried to sell me Norton Scientific and Blackhawk Mines. Both shares showed "pops" in price, but on miniscule volumes and are listed on Frankfurt and Berlin exchange respectively.

Has anybody heard of Alliance Direct Management? Aledgedly India based (Dehli). No company registration numbers and evasive about registration details. They certainly "follow the script" on how to sell and are certainly VERY persuasive. I don't know if they are scammers, but with the shares being listed in this thread and the methods they use, my gut feel says they're not kosher.
Thoughts?

Last edited by DTTT; Aug 30, 2012 at 4:48am. Reason: correct spelling
DTTT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 30, 2012, 9:43am   #3368
Joined Jun 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by DTTT View Post
Folks- very new to this site, but I've read a lot about these scams and I nearly signed up. Thanks to the alerts here I haven't. They tried to sell me Norton Scientific and Blackhawk Mines. Both shares showed "pops" in price, but on miniscule volumes and are listed on Frankfurt and Berlin exchange respectively.

Has anybody heard of Alliance Direct Management? Aledgedly India based (Dehli). No company registration numbers and evasive about registration details. They certainly "follow the script" on how to sell and are certainly VERY persuasive. I don't know if they are scammers, but with the shares being listed in this thread and the methods they use, my gut feel says they're not kosher.
Thoughts?
First of all check with your financial Services regulator. If you are in the UK, check with the FSA. See if the company is registered to offer investment advice in your country. If not, report them. They are operating illegally. It is very easy to find out if a company is registered on your regulators site.
Secondly, if the stock is thinly traded that means there is no liquidity. You will have trouble selling your shares.
Liquid stocks trade high volume and not for just one or two months. Look for at least 6 months with the equivalent of at least $250,000 a day volume. Even this is small, but at least it trades.
Liquid stocks also have a tight spread between the bid and the ask. If a stock is under $1.00 and it has more than a 5% spread, it is probably not very liquid.
Firms that are licensed are more than happy to show their licenses considering all the boiler rooms operating today.

Last edited by MichaelC12; Aug 30, 2012 at 9:45am. Reason: clarification
MichaelC12 is offline   Reply With Quote