Boiler Room Scams

This is a discussion on Boiler Room Scams within the Educational Resources forums, part of the Commercial category; Originally Posted by Whichypoohs Thank you so much for taking the time to advise; it is much appreciated. My dad's ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Jan 8, 2010, 10:02am   #1577
Joined Mar 2009
Re: Boiler Room Scams

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whichypoohs View Post
Thank you so much for taking the time to advise; it is much appreciated. My dad's money has gone - no doubt about that. But serves him right for being such a fool really

I'm going to do some study; might invest here and there in the future, however, as yet I don't know enough about it.
If you want help let me know. I have learned this isn't really a good place for advertising services but it is my profession and I can give you practical and generative advice. I also have the resources to work independently so you don't have to worry about being scammed (meaning you can use your own account or online brokers).

In my experience it is best that you learn from someone who can teach you how to learn. That is why I mention generative advice, so your not just investing in certain areas but you also take away the knowledge of how those investments work and you can apply them to any stocks/companies/other financial tools in the same or related industries. In my opinion, it is better than trial and error because you can protect yourself before you incur a loss.

With my clients, I always use the approach "If you give a man a fish... if you teach a man to fish...". That way, when things work out well it comes back around to me. This is why I can't understand these con-artist and stock scams because the hardest part of getting new business is forming the relationship and if I am in any business (with any business sense), why do I want to ruin the relationship when that is where all the hard work is??? A few decent returns on the original investment should make the consultant more money over the long run plus keep the relationship/repeat/referral business (which is the best part of the business!).
experienced_it_all is offline Newsletter / tip sheet / trading advice vendor   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 8, 2010, 6:26pm   #1578
Joined Oct 2006

If you've been ripped off by a boilerroom scam you should check out this thread. Its a somewhat poor attempt to promote a restricted stock. No doubt part of some scam which we will no doubt learn more about in due course.

http://www.trade2win.com/boards/us-s...ml#post1025302
pboyles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 8, 2010, 6:37pm   #1579

6 Posts
Joined Oct 2009

Anyone any idea why I cant view links and posts?

I get this message.

"vivacook, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation"
vivacook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 8, 2010, 6:38pm   #1580
Joined Oct 2006

Moderator might have removed it, below is the link that outlines how many of these stocks sold by boilerrooms are related. AAPH was being promoted on T2W by someone as was CYNX - CelLynx Group, Inc

http://investorshub.advfn.com/boards...ge_id=43344639

Last edited by pboyles; Jan 8, 2010 at 6:43pm.
Old Jan 9, 2010, 1:46am   #1581

9 Posts
Joined Nov 2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by ubulgaria View Post
Hi the above discussion is interesting but I've just been ripped off by a Boiler Room setup called 'Britannia Swiss Equities'. They sold me shares in a 'dodgy' company called 'BioDefense Corporation' in Boston. The Swiss people appeared legitimate (they had a website and gave an address in Zurich with a telephone number) but I indulged in several trades as they kept convincing me there was a sure fire profit. In my early trades at least I got some shares (probably worthless I now know) but I stupidly sent money for the last trade (£33,500.00) direct to a bank in Cyprus and heard no more about it - it was supposed to give a good deal on the dollar exchange. I see now their website has totally changed and shows a smiling girl instead of a more normal bank logo so presumably they have absconded with my money.
What I want to know is does anyone know this company and been ripped off by them? I assume the company has ripped off BioDefense Corp as well as they've kept the money instead of sharing it with them. Also is there any authority or body that might be worth approaching who could be useful to bring these people to justice or will they go on doing this for ever with impunity (FSA say they can't do much as it's outside the UK)?
i work for biodefense . i might be able to help you . contact me at us 1-917-239-2119
bigbrains is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 9, 2010, 11:15am   #1582
Joined Oct 2006

Ubulgaria

remember that every boiler room scam that rips you off will try to hit you a second time by offering to swop, sell or derestrict your 'shares' for an advance fee. Don't let them steal any more of your money no matter what they promise you. A while back bigbrains was a satisfied shareholder in biodefence now he says he's an employee who can 'help' you. He's setting you up to be scammed again.

http://www.trade2win.com/boards/brok...tml#post986554

Last edited by pboyles; Jan 9, 2010 at 11:20am.
Old Jan 9, 2010, 4:38pm   #1583

9 Posts
Joined Nov 2009

I am a share holder and i do work with Biodefense. it is possible to be both. Biodefense is real and your shares aren't worthless. as a shareholder in Biodefense i am only trying to protect the company and its shareholders
bigbrains is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 9, 2010, 6:34pm   #1584
Joined Oct 2006

Biodefence shares are being sold by various boiler room scammers. T2W is the wrong place to try to promote them, people here are wise to all these pump and dump posts.