Best Economic & Fundamental Analysis books

This is a discussion on Best Economic & Fundamental Analysis books within the Economic & Fundamental Analysis forums, part of the Methods category; Hi, I was wondering if anyone could suggest some good books on economic fundamental analysis. I have searched but have ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Dec 29, 2008, 5:05pm   #1
Joined Sep 2008
Best Economic & Fundamental Analysis books

Hi,

I was wondering if anyone could suggest some good books on economic fundamental analysis. I have searched but have yet to com across anything specific. I have to say that the macroeconomic aproach to investing appeals to me allot and I am eager to study it in more deatail.

Many thanks,

Rory
RoryP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 27, 2009, 10:50am   #2

4 Posts
Joined Mar 2009
Thumbs up Re: Best Economic & Fundamental Analysis books

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoryP View Post
Hi,

I was wondering if anyone could suggest some good books on economic fundamental analysis. I have searched but have yet to com across anything specific. I have to say that the macroeconomic aproach to investing appeals to me allot and I am eager to study it in more deatail.

Many thanks,

Rory
HI Rory

Why dont you use the useful information that is available on the web. You can search it using one of the best search engine and typing your key words.

I have came across a very beautiful website called 'www.investopedia.com' and found it very useful for beginners. It contains lots of information on almost everything you want.
Just go through it and share ur experience with me.
Wish you all the best..........
Rohit
rohit99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 6, 2009, 8:59am   #3
Joined Jul 2003
Quote:
Originally Posted by erick View Post
[... latest site to open its doors to the internet public has really got some meat in it.
What, like SPAM?
TheBramble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 6, 2009, 9:55am   #4
Joined Nov 2001
Quote:
Hi,

Many thanks,

Rory

I must tell you about Schwager's "Fundamental Analysis on Futures".

I had it sent out by mail order in mistake for his TA book.

It is in mint condition. If I knew your address, I'd give it to you for the postage.

I'm not saying that it is no good. On the contrary. His TA book is frequently consulted but, Phew! You have to be keen!
Splitlink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 1, 2009, 11:49pm   #5
Joined Feb 2009
Quote:
Hi,

Many thanks,

Rory
Yeah..that is interesting. There is not many books on fundamentals on forex..I wonder why.
Bizkine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 2, 2009, 12:57am   #6

Joined Nov 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bizkine View Post
Yeah..that is interesting. There is not many books on fundamentals on forex..I wonder why.
Because most people don't understand the fundamentals and lack the patients and intelligence required to master the art of comprehending anything. Case of micro chip revolution where instant knowledge and digital gratification is an essential ingredient and anything that takes longer than 7 seconds is forgotten as people move on.

I look at peoples faces and they all look like dorks to me.

Rather than reading a book I'd recommend the Investors Chronicle and the Economist. Read these publications with a view to digesting the subject material. Don't just read.

Having said that fundamental analysis is pretty useless if you want to trade the markets. Technical analysis is far superior imo.

FA is only good if you want to trade company shares, read balance sheets and look at company earnings with market stats etc.

Finally, there is no such thing as best as there is no one FA. Life is not like the Matrix and I suspect you aren't exactly the one looking for the holy grail... There are 00s of FA. More a case of what will do. Suits you sir...

Just incase I'm wrong I'd be grateful if you let me know when you do find it...

Learn to deal with it and remember what goes around comes around...
Atilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 2, 2009, 12:59am   #7

Joined Oct 2008
the chronicle and the economist? and here was me thinking you get all your theory from the telegraph on your way to work. how wrong i was.

Bullsh!t, Bearsh!t all smells the same to me!

"It is not cheap to develop automated systems , mine already cost over $1m. " oildaytrader
N Rothschild is offline   Reply With Quote