Best Economic & Fundamental Analysis books

This is a discussion on Best Economic & Fundamental Analysis books within the Economic & Fundamental Analysis forums, part of the Methods category; There you go RoryP. That should narrow down the selection....

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Sep 9, 2009, 2:25pm   #15
Joined Feb 2008
There you go RoryP. That should narrow down the selection.
jaygo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 10, 2009, 9:42am   #16
Joined Sep 2009
Well clearly some are better than others, but just a few hours of researching the books on amazon will give you a better feel. Also, you can immediately eliminate some of the books if you have a preference for fixed income, derivatives, equity, etc. My goal was to gain an inter-connected view of the markets so I thought it made sense to read about everything.
Tiger21Invest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 10, 2009, 7:38pm   #17

Joined Nov 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiger21Invest View Post
Well clearly some are better than others, but just a few hours of researching the books on amazon will give you a better feel. Also, you can immediately eliminate some of the books if you have a preference for fixed income, derivatives, equity, etc. My goal was to gain an inter-connected view of the markets so I thought it made sense to read about everything.

How many candles you burning Tiger?

Learn to deal with it and remember what goes around comes around...
Atilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 10, 2009, 9:22pm   #18

Joined Jan 2003
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atilla View Post

Having said that fundamental analysis is pretty useless if you want to trade the markets. Technical analysis is far superior imo.
....I was oce reading a fat FA book by the poolside in between slumbers once and my wife shouted....Are you just going to read this book all day long...or are you going to jump in..!!

The most futile and disastrous day seems well spent when it is reviewed through the blue, fragrant smoke of a Havana Cigar.
Evelyn Waugh.
zambuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 10, 2009, 9:23pm   #19

Joined Jan 2003
Quote:
How many candles you burning Tiger?
...So it was Tiger all along....who is responsible for CO over North Pole....with all his reading...!

The most futile and disastrous day seems well spent when it is reviewed through the blue, fragrant smoke of a Havana Cigar.
Evelyn Waugh.
zambuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 10, 2009, 9:29pm   #20

Joined Nov 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by zambuck View Post
...So it was Tiger all along....who is responsible for CO over North Pole....with all his reading...!

Yes I'm sure half the Amazon forest must be in his library.

Tiger on a serious note as research would you say your trading is better for all your reading?

Sounds a silly question but if you could perhaps summarise three sentences on what you gained from your extensive reading it would be educational for me.

Learn to deal with it and remember what goes around comes around...
Atilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 12, 2009, 10:56am   #21
Joined Dec 2003
Quote:
Because most people don't understand the fundamentals and lack the patients and intelligence required to master the art of comprehending anything. Case of micro chip revolution where instant knowledge and digital gratification is an essential ingredient and anything that takes longer than 7 seconds is forgotten as people move on.

I look at peoples faces and they all look like dorks to me.

Rather than reading a book I'd recommend the Investors Chronicle and the Economist. Read these publications with a view to digesting the subject material. Don't just read.

Having said that fundamental analysis is pretty useless if you want to trade the markets. Technical analysis is far superior imo.

FA is only good if you want to trade company shares, read balance sheets and look at company earnings with market stats etc.

Finally, there is no such thing as best as there is no one FA. Life is not like the Matrix and I suspect you aren't exactly the one looking for the holy grail... There are 00s of FA. More a case of what will do. Suits you sir...

Just incase I'm wrong I'd be grateful if you let me know when you do find it...
"Because most people don't understand the fundamentals and lack the patients and intelligence required to master the art of comprehending anything"

Yes ,and most of them can't spell worth a damn either ...spelling 101 for you petal ..here we go ..."Patience"