GOLD & SILVER - next move?

This is a discussion on GOLD & SILVER - next move? within the Commodities & Money Markets forums, part of the Markets category; SO are Gold and Sikver correcting recent rally - or will we see start of more serious decline? Looks like ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Dec 18, 2006, 4:22pm   #1

Joined Oct 2006

SO are Gold and Sikver correcting recent rally - or will we see start of more serious decline? Looks like Gold should test suport near 600 level, silver down to 12 level? Any thoughts on where we are?
Attached Thumbnails
xag.jpg   xau.jpg  

http://iberianviews.blogspot.com/ charts and views
catracho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 18, 2006, 5:54pm   #2

Joined Nov 2006
how come gold january is not expired 1 month before, like oil (today)?
We are at 614 ,...which is reasonable price,...but dolar should go to 1.2870, before a reversal, so gold should go down to 570-600...or not!, and less usa wars, could be a long bulish to dollar which shouldnt push gold so higher then it used,...my 2 cents
de123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 18, 2006, 7:30pm   #3

Joined Oct 2006
catracho started this thread true dollar could rally further..but if gold/silver weakens on the back of that, it would probably be a good buying opportunity..see chart..
Attached Thumbnails
usd-indx.jpg  

http://iberianviews.blogspot.com/ charts and views
Old Dec 18, 2006, 8:30pm   #4

Joined Nov 2006
true,...but never catch a falling knife,...i will try to buy oil tomorow,...today also do look so nice to buy (right now),...its the holiday coming that bothers me...many do need money so they will sell oil shares, gold shares (gold),..whatever just to buy presents ....and that might influence on stocks & futures (the liqudity must come from somewhere)...comon sense,...waiting is part of the game ,...and the falling half od fun....goog also look nice to buy

Last edited by de123; Dec 18, 2006 at 8:56pm.
de123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 6, 2007, 1:22pm   #5
Joined Jul 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by catracho
true dollar could rally further..but if gold/silver weakens on the back of that, it would probably be a good buying opportunity..see chart..
Sure is/will be .........

SILVER sees $20 next .......just a question of whether we see $10 first...........
Now around $12.....

Mad rush for silver "in the works"........ and I'm not sure demand will be able to keep up.
Just a matter of time.......don't be left out!
Hook Shot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 8, 2007, 2:33pm   #6

Joined Oct 2006
catracho started this thread Maybe a last rally for dollar, may get one more push lower on silver & gold? This recent rally looks like just a countertrend..so expecting the trend to resume soon.. and to see rallies in Gold Silver Oil

see chart.
Attached Thumbnails
usd-indx.jpg  
Old Jan 8, 2007, 4:18pm   #7
Joined Jul 2005
Quote:
Maybe a last rally for dollar, may get one more push lower on silver & gold? This recent rally looks like just a countertrend..so expecting the trend to resume soon.. and to see rallies in Gold Silver Oil

see chart.
Catracho - I hope you're right on potential push lower for Gold/Silver... $10 silver would suit me just fine..........
Old Jan 8, 2007, 4:57pm   #8

Joined Oct 2002
i suspect lower

The real mystery of life is not a problem to be solved, it is a reality to be experienced
andycan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 12, 2007, 8:17am   #9

Joined Oct 2006
catracho started this thread Gold and Silver holding up relatively well so far in the face of dollar strength..EURUSD broke 1.20 and no near 1.29 level..gold barely budged...yet...
Old Jan 12, 2007, 1:05pm   #10
Joined Jul 2005
Quote:
Gold and Silver holding up relatively well so far in the face of dollar strength..EURUSD broke 1.20 and no near 1.29 level..gold barely budged...yet...

Lets hope 600 is the floor
Old Jan 15, 2007, 8:21pm   #11

Joined Nov 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hook Shot
Lets hope 600 is the floor
I think gold has risen again due to unwelcome developments in geopolitical circumstances.

Fighter jets are back at the Incirlik airbase in Turkey after three years
+21500 troops on route to Iraq
Civil war escallating and no end in sight
Iran still a major threat to US & Israeli interests and will be attacked

The Americans are talking about pursuit and destroy missions (into Iran I suspect). We are likely to have border skirmishes very soon

UK realising US have got screws loose and will be pulling out of Iraq.

In my opinion Gold will continue to go up and the $ will continue to fall. Oil will have another shock peak around March time...
Atilla is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 15, 2007, 8:34pm   #12
Joined May 2006

UP, We will see Gold at US$ 1,000
laptop1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 15, 2007, 9:41pm   #13

Joined Oct 2006
catracho started this thread Yes long term looks like gold will get to 1000 + ; once we get a move above 660 then the nest big move up may be beginning..so far we are still in a corrective move from the 700 level....so maybe still a chance that we have not seen the last fall sub 600 yet?
Old Jan 16, 2007, 10:33pm   #14

Joined Nov 2006
Quote:
Yes long term looks like gold will get to 1000 + ; once we get a move above 660 then the nest big move up may be beginning..so far we are still in a corrective move from the 700 level....so maybe still a chance that we have not seen the last fall sub 600 yet?
Hi everyone, I know we are all TAs but here is another piece of news pointing to what may be coming our way...

The aircraft carrier USS John C. Stennis is leaving Bremerton today with a crew of 3200. It will be collecting 80 Superhornets around San Diego and heading towards the Indian Ocean. After one month trip it will join the 5h fleet and USS Einsenhower near Bahrain.

March is looking pretty grim. Gold will start testing the 640 level again very soon.
Atilla is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 16, 2007, 10:54pm   #15
Joined Sep 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by laptop1

UP, We will see Gold at US$ 1,000
Trade what you see, not what you think.
Brand is offline   Reply With Quote