Online Brokers

This is a discussion on Online Brokers within the Brokerages forums, part of the Commercial category; Hi All, I note that this thread appears to have dried up several years ago, I just wondered, that with ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Feb 10, 2003, 9:42am   #22

5 Posts
Joined Dec 2002
Hi All,

I note that this thread appears to have dried up several years ago, I just wondered, that with the "demise" of Schwab if it was worth looking at peoples thoughts on the current availablility of Internet dealers. This is of particular interest to me as I am currently with Schwab and would be interested in the views of others out there with regards to service and prices etc.

Look forward to any responses.

Regards, Dave
Brycheiniog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 10, 2003, 10:08am   #23

Joined Feb 2002
Hi Brycheiniog

Welcome to T2W

I'm not sure if you know, but Schwab has been taken over by Barclays Stockbrokers, and my experience of Barclays isn't the greatest in the world.

I think the best bet is www.idealing.com . Especially as they have limit and stop orders.

Hope this helps
FTSE Beater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 10, 2003, 11:01am   #24

5 Posts
Joined Dec 2002
Thankyou FTSE Beater,

Yes I am aware that Barclays is taking Schwab over, hence the reason for me looking around!;-)

Regards,

Dave
Old Feb 10, 2003, 1:15pm   #25

Joined Dec 2001
Quote:
Originally posted by Brycheiniog
I am currently with Schwab and would be interested in the views of others out there with regards to service and prices etc.
Dave,

I'm also with Schwab, and so this concerns me too. I also have an account with Comdirect, and in general they are good.

However, there are weaknesses compared to Schwab. Comdirect, and most other online brokers are fine if you are trading liquid stocks, such as SETS stocks, and are not trying to trade at or near the NMS on stocks with wideish spreads. Schwab consistently get me better prices on larger quantities than Comdirect manage in these cases.

Also Schwab automatically send me all correspondence, reports etc from all the stocks I hold, which Comdirect won't do.

Both of these are probably not issues that affect those who trade rather than hold for longer periods, so they may not affect you. If they don't I'd have no problem recommending Comdirect. However, if they do matter, I haven't been able to find an online broker who can match what Schwab provides, so for now I'm just going to have to wait and see just what they come up with.
Old Feb 10, 2003, 2:08pm   #26

5 Posts
Joined Dec 2002
Thanks for the input Peter,

It appears that they all have pros and cons of some description, and the method in which one trades will decide on the eventual choice of supplier as usual!

Regards,

Dave
Old Feb 24, 2003, 11:49pm   #27

0 Posts
Joined Feb 2003
If anyone is still looking for an on-line dealing service Sharecrazy is good at £9 per trade. You can also set limits and the helpdesk will not charge any extra for telephone dealing.
kaygee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 25, 2003, 12:16pm   #28

Joined Nov 2001
Seems that IDealing offer CFD's now.

http://www.idealing.com/index.jsp