ECN Broker - MT4

This is a discussion on ECN Broker - MT4 within the Brokerages forums, part of the Commercial category; [QUOTE=Fair Trading Tech;1539138] Commissions calculated on the MT4 platform include all commissions. All commission on the MT4 are only for ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Apr 29, 2011, 7:01pm   #22
Joined Jan 2009
Re: ECN Broker - MT4

JDTRADER started this thread [QUOTE=Fair Trading Tech;1539138]
Quote:
Commissions calculated on the MT4 platform include all commissions.
All commission on the MT4 are only for FTT , you pay commision to Dukascopy as well which is not shown on the MT4. Would be better if all commision was shown on FTT MT4

Quote:
And margin on the MT4 platform can reach 0, which in Dukascopy's terms is 200% (complete margin utilization + drawdown) In this case MT4 does not handle a stopout. Dukascopy manages it and we just replicate whatever they do.
I pushed the JFOREX demo over the 100% to see how the platform reacts. I had three positions open 2 were in the red and one green in profit. To free up margin I went to close the profit trade but as I was over 100% was unable to close even though the trade was in profit
JDTRADER is offline Coach/Trainer   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 29, 2011, 7:07pm   #23
Joined Jan 2009

JDTRADER started this thread
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fair Trading Tech View Post
Did you have multiple orders in Metatrader 4 (besides the one you mentioned here) open at the time that you closed half of the long position?
No

I had a long position which I closed half then closed all but then I checked the Dukascopy and saw I was now short ?

The JFOREX was ok but the commissions are confusing, trades where I thought I was in profit showed negative. MT4 all commissions are shown on the open of every trade and would be better if the FTT & Dukascopy commissions where shown on the FTT MT4 platform on the open of every trade
Old Apr 29, 2011, 7:10pm   #24
Joined Nov 2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDTRADER View Post
No

I had a long position which I closed half then closed all but then I checked the Dukascopy and saw I was now short ?

The JFOREX was ok but the commissions are confusing, trades where I thought I was in profit showed negative. MT4 all commissions are shown on the open of every trade and would be better if the FTT & Dukascopy commissions where shown on the FTT MT4 platform on the open of every trade
feel free to ignore but if you trade with only a grand live with Dukas they'll eat it up off you inside days..You can't trade with them effectively at that level..they don't do micro
Black Swan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 29, 2011, 7:11pm   #25
Joined Jan 2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by saj1011 View Post
SLM , as in smartlive markets ?

why them ?? i heard they were terrible. which is disappointing on account of them having mt4 on spread bet.
Yes Smart Live Markets

Terrible ? Not in my view

I have traded LIVE & Demo on SLM and had no trouble but yes when they first opened there was a re-quote problem but that is not sorted last year. I have had no problems and the customer service is excellent. The best Spread Bet firm I think

see link http://www.trade2win.com/boards/spre...d-bet-mt4.html
Old Apr 29, 2011, 7:13pm   #26
Joined Jan 2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Swan View Post
feel free to ignore but if you trade with only a grand live with Dukas they'll eat it up off you inside days..You can't trade with them effectively at that level..they don't do micro
I agree
Old Apr 29, 2011, 7:36pm   #27
Joined Nov 2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDTRADER View Post
I agree
if you're starting with a grand you need to go micro with Alpari or fxcm..add a little bit more, convert it to 2K dollars, and you could risk 1-2% per trade and stay in the game a long time and potentially build if your edge is sound..
Black Swan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 30, 2011, 10:25am   #28
Als
Joined Jul 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fair Trading Tech View Post
Commissions calculated on the MT4 platform include all commissions.

And margin on the MT4 platform can reach 0, which in Dukascopy's terms is 200% (complete margin utilization + drawdown) In this case MT4 does not handle a stopout. Dukascopy manages it and we just replicate whatever they do.

ftt please comment

jdtrader
"All commission on the MT4 are only for FTT , you pay commision to Dukascopy as well which is not shown on the MT4. Would be better if all commision was shown on FTT MT4"

how much per lot will commission for ftt and duka be?(alltogether a trader should pay)
Als is offline   Reply With Quote