Would you be happy with 15% a year?

okay Tar it seems like you are trying to take the p!ss out of me. You are the only one here suggesting (assuming) that i am coming from an angle whereby trading 10% here, 15% there all adds up to a huge percentage gain. Exactly where did i suggest this? you seem to be one of those people that either can't read or half reads then assumes something else. Please highlight where i have suggested logic along the lines of "5% + 3% + 7% + .. etc = 200%". As far as i can see i have only suggested that having 15% a year is perfectly fine for me using a method in a dedicated account. where in that have you extrapolated this bull5hit

Your reply implies that :

If a strategy gives you 15 percent a year then employ it and move on. There is nothing stopping you from having a basket of strategies that collectively contribute. To state that you wouldn't be happy with that is nonsensical.

perhaps i should have stated it in simpleton terms for you so that you don't interpret it as you have which is incorrect.

You can see where we are coming from , our topic here is returns its not about trading multi strategies which is for sure a fine thing ...

People have different interpretations and individual opinions against topics of discussion. I get the topic is about returns however, do i have to base all my thoughts on this in isolation of the topic without contributing my facet. Since when has thread topics been this restrictive? my interpretation of this was to be happy with 15 percent return. As such it was geared in a form of how i would apply it. How is that a problem! (rhetorical question so no need to answer)

people take out mortgages in the hope of earning less, we're all so damn rich here that we would turn our noses at 15% per annum.
yeah right

Hi

NO

Repeat NO

You are talking apples and oranges or comparing chalk and cheese.

Its a totally different ballgame of large banks and Hedge Funds with multi millions of pounds compared to retail traders with a $5k or $10K account

Totally different and I will explain why.

First of all you have anomalies of both Maths and trading limitations

ie Its easy to make a 100% increase on a £100 account within a few trading days - even with just stake size of 2% - when you know what you are doing . ( PS I have taken a live account of under $100 up by 1000% in a trading week - so I know what I am on about ) - BUT - to add say 10% or even 15% on a $50 or $100 million account is extremely difficult and complex.

Next point most large Hedge Funds and large commercial players might only be using 0.05% or less size stake compared to their capital

So if they make just 20% per annum - then a retail trader with the same performance level but on 2% stake size of capital - ie will make 800% per annum

Now on accounts under $100k - 1 or 2% stake size is fine

On $100 million - NO - its not fine - - far too much risk exposed - that why the annual results are so small compared to good experienced retail traders.

My own level on account size under $70k is 25 to 50% - but not per annum - BUT per month .

Anything under 20% per month on 1 or 2% stake size is disappointing - but there again you are not going to get to high levels in just a few years - as I am sure you know it takes a long time - even decades for some retail traders.

An average intermediate level RETAIL trader with a year or 2 behind them of live money trading should be looking at 10% per month and 100% increase per annum

It will not be possible to compound it up from say $500 to $5 million every year - but thats due to another reason - mainly your own financial "wall " limit and every retail trader using their own monies will have one

Hope this explains why you should not be comparing Hedge Funds etc etc with any retail traders

Good Trading - and if you are only aiming at 15% per annum on a retail size account - Personally - i would give up and do some thing else

Regards

F
OK,if thats so prove that with live trades in here

I dont know the guy i am new here,but i imagine if someone makes these claims must prove this with live trades,except if he did and i dont know
what happened m8-he made bold claims and then one day he traded live on here.a few people followed his trades and made thousands.the next day there was a message on his thread saying told you so-he then vanished.if only the doubters had believed then they would have been rich.him and sir gis a job are living it large somewhere laughing at us all.they had really fast fingers u know-a black swan hit him once and his fingers were so fast that he only lost 2 tics-true story that bro-there are lots of true stories on here if you look hard enough.

etoro is the place to checkout, all you hav to do is emulate thir traders as ncouraged thn you will make a 35-60% each month. Thats the way to trade innit?

A 15% return per year return is a joke for the effort and dedication a trader has to devote to the business......if you can't get near this in a month F/T. Day trading then find another business

Seriously find another business......

N

etoro is the place to checkout, all you hav to do is emulate thir traders as ncouraged thn you will make a 35-60% each month. Thats the way to trade innit?

Yep those guys are real good......until you follow,them

Take responsibility for,your own trading guys .....don't follow the churn and burn merchants that these sites use to take your commission

N