The Word on the Street

Major buyer on eur/usd being held off by a stack of sell orders. Which of course course could be their own via proxy to get a better VWAP.

Goldman Sachs lower 3/6/12 month gold price forecast to 1615/1600/1550 which is $200-250 thinner. Currently 1600 repels.

Last edited:
UK CBI Retail Sales down 9 to 8 from 17. Expected to come in at 16. Low impact data so my short EG sits tight for now.

Italy has just effectively delivered an anti-austerity vote. The EU has wavered from a solid 'expect Italy to stick to its reform promises' to 'hope they are aware of their reform promises' in less than half a day.

I suspect they have suddenly realized there is no 'they' to do any considering of any kind and the 'they' that made the promises aren't there any more.

Monti has no chance even with a new election of being asked to form part of any coalition. All they have are two comedians and a communist. And one of the comedians isn't that funny.

The only thing propping the euro right now is corporate buying and offshore robles via the middle east.

You know, I’m a little teed off with this place. I put a lot of effort into posting up on this thread. I don’t have to, but I just figured some would find it useful to get the kind of feed and the view I’m getting . When I’m covering the euro-desk I need to get up plenty early as well as put in long hours and relaying stuff to you guys is an extra which I was more than happy to do. I didn’t and don’t expect thanks as I’m a big girl and can take the rough with the smooth.

But when I have someone in another thread I started calling me on my motives in deliberately missing off a couple of rules from one of the industry gurus and then I have some gimp down-grading this thread without any discussion or indication why, I begin to question the sense in continuing.

I read a few threads with complaints about the falling quality on this site for which most of the blame was levelled at the staff and moderators and vendors. From what I can see the trade2win site staff and moderators are doing a good job (thank you Timsk for the welcome, you are in a minority of one). It’s you, the regular posters who seem to be the mean-spirited unhappy souls that are bringing this place down.

I really wish I hadn’t bothered, but a stoploss doesn’t just apply to trading. I’m outta here.