What's Your View On The Stock Market For The Next 10 Years?

charlesD

Hello,

I want to know what everyone's thought is about the direction of the Stock Market over the next 10 or so years.

I think a lot of people are expecting a 2008 style crash is just around the corner. Doomsayers speak of unsustainable government debt caused by excessive money printing ultimately leading to the death of the dollar, blah blah blah...resulting in a stock market meltdown.

Me personally? I think we're in the early stages of a 20 year bull run that started at the bottom in 2009. No this bull run isn't over yet, it'll end in a bubble peaking when the major indices doubles in the span of a year or less...I see the Dow peaking at 40,000 or even more from current levels.

Anyone?

tradings

However, the basic elements of buying and selling in some form of a market haven't changed a bit.., because ultimately, trade still involves giving one thing in exchange for another.

Hello,

I want to know what everyone's thought is about the direction of the Stock Market over the next 10 or so years.

I think a lot of people are expecting a 2008 style crash is just around the corner. Doomsayers speak of unsustainable government debt caused by excessive money printing ultimately leading to the death of the dollar, blah blah blah...resulting in a stock market meltdown.

Me personally? I think we're in the early stages of a 20 year bull run that started at the bottom in 2009. No this bull run isn't over yet, it'll end in a bubble peaking when the major indices doubles in the span of a year or less...I see the Dow peaking at 40,000 or even more from current levels.

Anyone?

Dow 40,000(ish).
FTSE 14,000(ish).

The last bull market was from around 1982 to 1999. After 14 or 15 years of bear market conditions P/E ratios are far lower and stocks are therefore much cheaper than they were in 1999 as measured as a percentage of company earnings.

For the last decade money flowed into property and commodities and such like, I think it will now flow out of these things (with the exception of energy) and back into stocks.

The next bubble will be even bigger than the last I think because there'll be so many more market participants with the emergence of broadband and the Internet virtually everyone in the developed economies are online now, and it's so easy for the average joe to buy stocks now. I think the Dow could go way past 40,000 before the next large correction, we've only just broke above the last major peak in 1999.