What's the name of that film?...

Yuppie

I've searched the 'net for some time trying to find the name of a particular - but to no avail...

This is my last chance (The Foyer of T2W :eek:)

I saw it while I was stuck 200 miles offshore... in the north sea... on an oilrig... with nothing to do... so I may be remembering it better than it actually was due to the circumstances.

Anyway, bits I remember:

- Starts off in a convenience store (it's a US film) with the clerk being shot/killed (or having been killed). The "customers" are a two men and woman. Now, this bit is imprinted on my memory - the woman was wearing miniskirt, chewing bubble-gum, etc and was looking fine fine fine. I think a cop comes in for a coffee and leaves and suspects nothing and they get away with a robbery - or something.

- The main character is a fellow who is living the 'ideal' life as an architect (I think) with his wife etc, but has had previous dealings with the guy doing the robbery earlier on - drugs I think.

- The whole film is set in his house, where this old friend came along, the sexy-woman came along, another guy came along, each one ended up getting killed (in self-defense as I think they were trying to kill him)

- It's all done in a black-comedy way. He's trying to have the house trouble/blood/killing -free for when his wife comes home, but things just keep getting worse.

- The sexy woman at one point has the main character tied to a chair and is straddling him (her naked at this point - naturally). She had turned up in a blue lamborghini (diablo).

Can't really remember any more.

Doubt this will yield any results - but you never know :cheesy:

Spent too much time online trying to find it so far so this is worth a shot.

Cheers,

Magnus

- The sexy woman at one point has the main character tied to a chair and is straddling him (her naked at this point - naturally). She had turned up in a blue lamborghini (diablo).
Taraaa !!!

Cars in films:

IMCDb.org: Lamborghini in movies and TV series

Might find sthg there, have to click through all the various kinds of Diablos they made tho.

:D

Tell us if you find it, doesn't sound bad haha.

You on an oil rig ?

That sounds interesting.

Taraaa !!!

Cars in films:

IMCDb.org: Lamborghini in movies and TV series

Might find sthg there, have to click through all the various kinds of Diablos they made tho.

Tell us if you find it, doesn't sound bad haha.

You on an oil rig ?

That sounds interesting.

Taraaa - indeed!!

Well done BSD!!!.... :clap:

Found it right away.

It's called... *drumroll*... Thursday.

That's getting got!

Whadya mean "you on an oil rig?"... what's wrong with that??

Well, enough wrong with it that I stopped doing it after 7 months!

I only got the job offshore so I could save money (read: capital) and trade in my time off - it did it's job, unlike me... :p

Haha excellent.

Will go get that and watch it then.

:clap:

Nonono, didn't mean there was anything wrong with working on an oil rig, seriously think it's kind of interesting, also very popular job I think, good pay, lots of time off, what is it, two weeks on, two weeks off ???

Sthg like that anyway I think.

Only having guys around you would definitely get on my nerves VERY quickly tho lol !

:LOL:

Haha excellent.

Will go get that and watch it then.

:clap:

Nonono, didn't mean there was anything wrong with working on an oil rig, seriously think it's kind of interesting, also very popular job I think,no, good pay, lots of time off, what is it, two weeks on, two weeks off ???

Sthg like that anyway I think.

Only having guys around you would definitely get on my nerves VERY quickly tho lol !

Yeah, usually 2 on 2 off. Depend on which company, what you're doing, etc.

Minimum wage (which is pretty much what I was on) is about 30k - which is good when you get 2-weeks holiday every 2-weeks... :)

Nah, what would get on your nerves is SAFETY.

It's safety, safety, safety, safety, and more safety out there. It is totally insane!

You're expected to write cards out when you see something dangerous (i.e. seeing someone walking down stairs without holding onto the railing - seriously). Get's really dull.

But hey, if I wasn't doing trading (or that I think I may be genetically predetermined to be incapable of working for someone/people/company) it's something I may have considered longer-term. You can rise fairly rapidly out there compared to office jobs.

Haha that waitress at the beginning !!!

Unbelievable.

Drove me nuts just watching it :LOL:

Films a bit like Pulp Fiction ?

YouTube - pulp fiction dancing

This was a great scene.

Safety on the rig, lol, yeah that does sound wild, can imagine that that drives you crazy.

Safety on the rig, lol, yeah that does sound wild, can imagine that that drives you crazy.

Drove me so insane... I decided to pursue a career (and I use the term in the most loosest sense) in trading... I'm beyond help!... :p

Trading, best job in the world, so good thing you worked on the rig that got you here.

Who knows.

If you'd done sthg else - pilot planes or manage an airline company - you might never have gotten away from the spells of the stewardesses.

Trading, best job in the world, so good thing you worked on the rig that got you here.

Who knows.

If you'd done sthg else - pilot planes or manage an airline company - you might never have gotten away from the spells of the stewardesses.

That's quite scary you say that... :eek:... pilot is the only other career I have actually seriously considered.

Studied up a bit on it, etc.

And, yes, the stewardesses were probably much of the reasoning behind it... ;)

Last edited:
Haha yes indeed Sir.

Now you know what you've been missing, what goes on in the cockpit during long hauls when service is finished.

Haha yes indeed Sir.

Now you know what you've been missing, what goes on in the cockpit during long hauls when service is finished.

'finished'?... I thought that was it just getting started... :D

*refrains from reciting inappropriate 'cockpit' play-on-words*...

You don't get this on EasyJet...

lynx-air-hostess-girls.jpg

Err, what airlines that then.

Just remembered a trip I need to book.

Err, what airlines that then.

Just remembered a trip I need to book.

TAXI!... The Copacabana!!...

Being an airhostess isn't quite the glamour job it used to be (and no, I'm not talking from experience).

Shame really.

Although, was on Singapore Airlines a while ago. The girls on there are are smiley, and slim, and.... well, they actually seem like they want to do the job... B.A., EasyJet et al, all seem pretty reluctant... for the most part.... not that you don't occasionally get some bubbly, fun girls on the flights... :clap: