What is everyone's thoughts on Chat With Traders?

sad to see yet another thread descending into the childish "im bigger than you.." argument

I agree with you entirely - I wanted to point out this podcast because people like Ed Thorp and Blair Hull are the real deal unlike anything you'll get access to from normal retail chat venues. The thread was ruined by a forum troll who thinks he has stumbled onto something by selling overbought and buying oversold markets and I felt compelled to point out he's a feckin nobody.

I listen to Chat with Traders. I think its up among the best trading audio discussions Ive found. I like his style. I like trading audio material and its very hard to find the good stuff like this among the massive amount of crap. Some of the episodes aren't of interest to me, but most are good and some I've permanently saved.

Trading success depends on what you learn yourself, not on the experiences and knowledge of others. As soon as traders understand this they stop wasting time listening to podcasts, reading irrelevant books and articles and focus on the tape. None of these podcasters will be there to help you decide where to take profits or losses.

Trading success depends on what you learn yourself, not on the experiences and knowledge of others. As soon as traders understand this they stop wasting time listening to podcasts, reading irrelevant books and articles and focus on the tape. None of these podcasters will be there to help you decide where to take profits or losses.

The OP's got very low returns. The basic stuff might help him a little, especially in over-bought, over-sold etc. Over-buying or over-selling with the pool cannot be good for profits. That would be begging for a rape by the banks.

Thats a very limiting way to go about things imo.

You can learn alot from the good the bad...

and the ^ugly^ :D

6099-darktone-albums-general-8-picture4986-joes-tarding.jpg

Last edited:
Thats a very limiting way to go about things imo.

You can learn alot from the good the bad...

and the ^ugly^ :D

Are you not forgetting the £350+ from the spammer thread of making $200/hour ? Maybe you are getting as old as foroom, and your math ability is declining. Or maybe you are just cooking the books like foroom did. Shocking for a mth teacher to do that.

Last edited:

I think thats a direct quote from Dunning Kruger

hi solas

Im sorry but what you say here doesn't make sense. A newbie reading this would then have to go away and learn from books, articles, other traders etc etc to find out what "the tape" means and how one should "focus" on it...

..but i know where youre coming from in terms of not looking to others for ALL the answers

Last edited: