Wall Street turned into a Bullring...

Riz

Experienced member
1,266 5
Bulls in Bears out must be the slogan shouted in Wall St. today..

Dow Jones 10899 +339
Nasdaq 2890 +274
S&P 500 1377 +52

Interestingly when the time comes positive news start from even the least expected or most unexpected sources...while everyone expecting a rebounce to be started by Bush's victory, it was actually from Federal Reserve leader Alan Greenspan's positive comments bringing the bulls out and keeping the bears quiet, inciting a savage, broad-based rally..

Greenspan spoke before America's Community Bankers Conference in New York and hinted at a shift in monetary policy to a neutral stance on rates, which could pave the way for future rate cuts...

The other two reasons behind the rally were: The Florida court ruling Monday, which increased hopes that an end to the presidential impasse is near; deeply oversold conditions signaling the major averages were ripe for a rally...

Most tech stocks shot up, pushing aside earnings worries...

This time it was only few mostly defensive stocks - like drug, healthcare, consumer, utility and gold flickering red on the screens..

Those analysts who were talking about 2400-even 2200- support level for Nasdaq only a couple of days ago started to draw our attention to 3000 resistance level..

Todd Gold, technical strategist at Gruntal & Co. said "I expect significant resistance for Nasdaq at 3,000. It will be hard to take out that level on the first try. I expect it to act as a near-term ceiling,"

Whatever at least we did witness a rally before forgetting how it feels...the only question being if it is going to be a short or sustained one...

Read Greenspan's words carefully...they are much more important than Bush's presidency or tech stocks` being sold out...

[This message has been edited by rizgar (edited 05-12-2000).]

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

But it's thanks to our sponsors that access to Trade2Win remains free for all. By viewing our ads you help us pay our bills, so please support the site and disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock