Tyre

charliechan

Experienced member
as we know, tyre is getting its butt kicked by israel. many see the force used by israel as unfair and unjust as may hundreds of innocent civilians die needlessly at the whim of israel as they deliberately murder and terrorise innocents in cold blood in the pathetic name of hunting down hizbollah.

after 'the world destabilising thread, i thought the following may be interesting to some.

it is from http://www.tradingeducators.com/spiritual_side_of_trading/proof_bible.htm - basically the trading educator joe ross pulling out evidence of proof of Gods existence, noting prophecy after prophecy mentioned in the bible that later has came true. of particular interest was this bit:

Tyre's FINAL Conqueror!

But Ezekiel 26:4, 13-14 reveals something yet to happen: "...I [no longer they, but I, God!] will also scrape her soil from her, and make her like the top of a rock...I will put an end to the sound of your songs, and the sound of your harps shall be heard no more. I will make you like the top of a rock; you will be a place for spreading nets, and you will never be rebuilt, for I the LORD have spoken,' says the Lord GOD."

This is God's doing! He will cause the waters of the Mediterranean to wash over the site of Tyre till the accumulated millennia of rubble are washed away, and it is suitable only for the spreading of nets between tides. Today, fishermen do spread their nets to dry on what was formerly the great city of Tyre. But sometime in the future, yet another assault on Tyre will occur. This next time all of her soil will be swept away by the ocean waves.

i believe this was written several months ago - long before israel decided to increase their reputation as cold blooded, heartless assholes.

so, is this all really the will of God? didn't Jesus teach us to love thy neighbour?

charliechan said:
as we know, tyre is getting its butt kicked by israel. many see the force used by israel as unfair and unjust as may hundreds of innocent civilians die needlessly at the whim of israel as they deliberately murder and terrorise innocents in cold blood in the pathetic name of hunting down hizbollah.

after 'the world destabilising thread, i thought the following may be interesting to some.

it is from http://www.tradingeducators.com/spiritual_side_of_trading/proof_bible.htm - basically the trading educator joe ross pulling out evidence of proof of Gods existence, noting prophecy after prophecy mentioned in the bible that later has came true. of particular interest was this bit:

Tyre's FINAL Conqueror!

But Ezekiel 26:4, 13-14 reveals something yet to happen: "...I [no longer they, but I, God!] will also scrape her soil from her, and make her like the top of a rock...I will put an end to the sound of your songs, and the sound of your harps shall be heard no more. I will make you like the top of a rock; you will be a place for spreading nets, and you will never be rebuilt, for I the LORD have spoken,' says the Lord GOD."

This is God's doing! He will cause the waters of the Mediterranean to wash over the site of Tyre till the accumulated millennia of rubble are washed away, and it is suitable only for the spreading of nets between tides. Today, fishermen do spread their nets to dry on what was formerly the great city of Tyre. But sometime in the future, yet another assault on Tyre will occur. This next time all of her soil will be swept away by the ocean waves.

i believe this was written several months ago - long before israel decided to increase their reputation as cold blooded, heartless assholes.

so, is this all really the will of God? didn't Jesus teach us to love thy neighbour?

That is fantastic, and I use the word in its true sense. And as for for Joe Ross, well what can I say...VENDOR and perhaps a little something more even more disturbing.

It reminds me of a craze about twenty years ago for the prophesies of Nostradamus - the publishers made a killing on his out of copywrite works, taking selected prophesies and then 'proving' their truth.

If I told you that eventually this or that would happen, I'd stand a pretty good chance of being right. If I t told you this or that would happen tomorrow, I'd likely be wrong.

The Bible I guess is best viewed as a self help book, and usually quoted by those that need self-help more than most. Most self-help books are never read by the people that own them, cf the Bible.

Many say that "money is the root of all evil", indeed I would reckon that could be extracted from the Bible without too much effort, but perhaps closer to the truth might be that "religion is the root of all evil". Just do the math!

Last edited:
charliechan said:

Tyre's FINAL Conqueror!

Ezekiels prophecy was partially fulfilled when Babylon conquered the land based half of Tyre under Nebuchadnezzar around the 9th century BC in a seige that lasted 13 years according to the Jewish historian Josephus. There was a second prophecy regarding Tyre which recorded at Zechariah 9 v3&4. It was actually fulfilled about 200 years later when Alexander the great conquered the island part of Tyre - Tyre at the time was split between the mainland, and a heavily fortified citadel on an island.

The Zechariah prophecy was fulfilled in 332*B.C Alexander the Great marched his army across Asia Minor and, in his sweep southward, paused long enough to give his attention to Tyre. When the city refused to open its gates, Alexander in his rage had his army scrape up the ruins of the mainland city and throw it into the sea, thus building a causeway out to the island city, all of this in fulfillment of both Ezekiel and Zechariah's prophecy. (Eze 26:4 as you quote) With his naval forces holding the Tyrian ships bottled up in their harbor, Alexander set about constructing the highest siege towers ever used in ancient wars. Finally, after seven months the 46-m-high (150 ft) walls were breached. In addition to the 8,000 military men killed in battle, 2,000 prominent leaders were killed as a reprisal, and 30,000 inhabitants were sold into slavery by the Greeks.

The part of Tyre that was the Island is still used for drying fishermans nets down to this day! (at least, until Isreal started bombing the crap out of the largely civilian residents)

I believe the 1st and 2nd fulfilments of these prophecies regarding tyre have already been fulfilled through Babylon and Greece... as far as I can see, the scriptures in question don't point to a further fulfilment in the future?

Last edited:
jimbo57 said:
Many say that "money is the root of all evil", indeed I would reckon that could be extracted from the Bible without too much effort, but perhaps closer to the truth might be that "religion is the root of all evil". Just do the math!

im no scholar like arb is, but i believe the bible says 'the LOVE of money is the root of all evil', not money itself. although i would agree that religion - or the misinterrpritation of religion for ones own ends is the root of all evil. its like the old argument about guns - guns dont kill people on their own, it takes someone to pull the trigger. so we shouldnt necessarily ban guns, but come down hard on the people who use them incorrectly. this is how i think they view it in the states. not saying i agree with it.

arb - i'm truly impressed. i think the original article says something similar re alex the great, successive invasions of tyre etc.

i just thought it incredible that this prophecy was coming true in modern day - especially with the common view that israel is firmly in the wrong here in its excessive use of force, and yet if the joe ross version is to be believed, then the big G upstairs would appear to be on their side. that contradicts the new testament (as im sure you are aware), as it states that G's favour is firmly on the side of the gentiles after what happened on good friday some 2000 odd years ago.

charliechan said:
...I believe the Bible says 'the LOVE of money is the root of all evil', not money itself...

I was demonstrating a selective quote for my own purpose!

The sooner people stop believing "the big G" will provide the guidance and realise they already have it within themselves, the better I suspect the world will be.

charliechan said:
i think the original article says something similar re alex the great, successive invasions of tyre etc.

lol - not sure about scholar, squalor perhaps :cheesy:

apologies mate, I only had a brief glance around the link you posted - I'll take a more detailed look when I've got a bit of time maybe later

jimbo57 said:
I was demonstrating a selective quote for my own purpose!

The sooner people stop believing "the big G" will provide the guidance and realise they already have it within themselves, the better I suspect the world will be.

now thats worth a nobel prize on its own!

Arbitrageur said:
lol - not sure about scholar, squalor perhaps :cheesy:

apologies mate, I only had a brief glance around the link you posted - I'll take a more detailed look when I've got a bit of time maybe later

no worries - it is a bit long and drawn out. i havent read it all myself yet. theology does interest me, and there are a few other pages which i found interesting in terms of joes interpretation of the bible and how it relates to trading success (or success in general).

Perhaps if those who professed to follow it, actually followed what was written, instead of re-writing it and misquoting it to their own ends. Man has demonstrated, though not yet learnt over the centuries that he is unfit to rule himself by what is within himself, perhaps that is the lesson he is meant to learn

roguetrader said:
Perhaps if those who professed to follow it, actually followed what was written, instead of re-writing it and misquoting it to their own ends. Man has demonstrated, though not yet learnt over the centuries that he is unfit to rule himself by what is within himself, perhaps that is the lesson he is meant to learn

No expert, but wasnt it Thomas that said the Kingdom of God is within you? If you want to believe the Bible, you either take it wholesale or not at all. If it really is the word of God, then I assume he didnt have too many bad (trading) days!

jimbo57 said:
No expert, but wasnt it Thomas that said the Kingdom of God is within you? If you want to believe the Bible, you either take it wholesale or not at all. If it really is the word of God, then I assume he didnt have too many bad (trading) days!
I think you'll find that was Christ in respose to the Pharisees.
Well meaning, and not so well meaning, the bible is endlessly misquoted to suit mans purpose. I agree totally with you, follow it as it is or leave it alone.

did anyone see that program a couple of weeks ago - digging for jesus?

it was about this archaeologist sniffing round israel for clues as to whether jesus did exist. i thought it a bit pointless, as clearly he wasnt going to dig up his wallet or credit cards, and camera phones werent around then! quite fascinating though that they have uncovered a lot of stuff the gospels refer to - despite being written some 500 years afterwards.

one thing that did get me though was the cave in bethlehem where pilgrims gather to celebrate the birth place of jc. digging in the area has revealed that was NO civilisation in that area for 1000 years AFTER the birth of jc. so is it all a fake? no! in fact, they reveal, there were 2 bethlehems. the 2nd one was in (no longer a settlement, just a dig site next to a motorway) fact only 3 miles away from nazareth where mary came from. when we think about it, its unlikely a heavily pregnant woman would walk 150 miles to where most believe jc was born. there was other proof, but i cant be fagged to type it all out.

but the point is, that its interesting how all the alleged facts, places, etc also get warped. all these places that these holy wars are faught over could indeed all be a load of rubbish as well. all that death and destruction over a couple of mosques/synagogues that may actually have no relevance to anything what so ever

you wouldnt adam & eve it!

twalker said:
Maybe a bit off thread, but I found this enouraging. Democracy in words, if not action.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/10562904/

I doubt the people shown on the following site really care much about prophecy or who is right or wrong or fighting for what cause. This is the evil that men do, not God, and we are all responsible.

http://www.informationclearinghouse.info/article14273.htm

great post.

i just dont get israel (or americas) stance in all of this. dont they understand that such actions are just going to increase support fot 'the terrorists', not wipe them out? hatred is a very strong emotion, and people seeing their kids get ripped to shreds like this doesnt exactly make them think 'gee, those poor, hard done by innocent israelis have a point here'.

clearly, it is americas intention here to antagonise the middle-east, and cause as much unrest and suffering as possible for years to come.

my grandad joined the war after the germans bombed the local chip shop. he was fuming. he was hardly going to sit back and give into hitler after putting an end to his friday night savloy and curry sauce. there was a sense of community back then i am told.

as for bush, personally, i think he is on a par with saddam. i really do. maybe worse. the west thinks its ok though, because the same evils are done under the name of 'democracy'

has anyone noticed that when ever an israeli prime minister hands land back to the palestinians, they mysteriously come to an end?

the hand of God, or the hand of mosad?