Trumps surprise visit to N.Korea

ssam

118 3
N
Answers:

(1)
When Ivanka Trump was 8 yrs old, her Father's Day prayer was:
"Dear God, this year for Father's Day please send clothes for all the poor ladies in daddy's computer, Amen"

(2)
Gynecologist and pizza delivery boy have same dilemma - what is it?
They can both smell it but can't eat it.

(3) Complete the sentence ........ Virginity is like a bubble .................
Virginity like bubble, one prick all gone.

(4)
A passionate and deep kiss is like .........................
A passionate and deep kiss is like spider's web, soon lead to undoing of fly
So not to dissimilar - I think 70% is a pass

ssam

118 3
Yes, the 261.8% is akin to target level and support. See the long-legged doji? That's a good sign of support's coefficient of Restitution firing. The doji shows the battle of bulls vs bears in one day - the bears tried to push GBP down hard but when support fired, GBP jumped and closed higher. that is a bullish sign.

Reason for the RSI suggestion - there are many traders, some exceptionally good ones who use the RSI horizontal lines 40 and 60 to denote BEAR and Bull. So often you will see in a bull run that RSI never goes below 40. So in such cases why bother with anything else, just close out the Long when RSI dips below 40. Play with this on weekly and daily for a while with GBP and dig in deep. There is a lot to it and more nuggets are to be had. I changed the numbers to 38 and 62 to match the Golden Ratio. Its a work in progress.
This is what upset the Apple cart for my trade, that cheeky little wick.

I shall spend sometime having a backtest
of this idea of closing long (or hopping short) when RSI is below 40.

More nuggets to be had, more notes to be scratched into the note book.

How long has Fibo been on the art of market milking?

ssam

118 3
You're doing just fine, Sam. Take it slow. The journey is often times more fun than the destination arrival. Keep this in mind as your mantra ... the Physical Universe cannot say NO to the persistent individual. This is your test. 95% who attempt this game, FAIL. The remaining 5% that succeed, of those the majority just eke out a bare bones living. A very very small percent of the 5% actually go on to the big numbers - for such cats there are no limitations except for those that are in their own psyche.

If you toil and toil and toil and then quit, all it means is that you have not crossed the threshold test of the Universe. Its difficult. Trading is not easy. If its in your blood, you will get there, if not, you won't. Either way, your STOP will protect you while you try.

Working for the Man every night and day is a loser's life. Whenever I happen to be on Interstate 405 or crossing it during rush hour when I want to have breakfast somewhere I glance at the zillions of cars stuck in traffic. Many of these cats commute 4 hours/day total for their 9-5 jobs. Terrible. Jail sentence. Death. Put a bullet in me if it ever comes to that.

That view of the I-405 is a view of the HERD. hahahahahaha, thought the Herd exists only in 3rd world countries? No Sir, its alive right here in the US of A.

Many of the cats on the I-405 are stock investors/traders - YOU, Sam are going into the chart and reading THEIR footprint on a logarithmic scale. Then you nail their asses to the wall. Is it legal? Yes. Is it moral? Yes. God will not hold it against you to profit thusly. Everything else in work involves so much lies, embellishment and hocus-pocus that eventually one pays for all the smoke screens. Not NOT WITH TRADING. there is no punishment for winning for there are no lies told by you to the cat on the other side of the trade.

This sh*t is under my skin, since discovering at age 16 (now 10+ years ago) a good friends father was a risk analyst at a hedge fund in Town, I would continually question him about the markets and how they move. Hell, at school we were all entered into a stockmarket challenge - with the winner having a place on an internship with a large INV.bank. Unfortunately, I didn’t win - but that didn’t stop.

I worked demo accounts on Oanda back in the day. I was hooked - this was what I liked doing. Testing my wit.

Then came the challenge of money, I had never been in a position to spend and devote hard earned cash (I have now brought a house, I own my car and have no kids) and most importantly a very understanding lady.

I haven’t been able to shake this trading bug, I keep getting drawn back.

Hell I’ve been here for 7 years, lurking and reading.

ssam

118 3
Sam, I don't know what your full time job is - but I am making an educated guess based on what you have said to me that it is NOT Sales closing. Am I right?
This is an interesting question;

My full time job in my mind is to build the rocket ship for ASAP exit from city.

What I get paid for, now that’s a good questions - I have been through the university mill a few times and some other bits.

But I am an Analyst in a pretty sizeable company, which I am sure you would have heard of.

Some might say I am in the ‘real estate world’ some might say I am in the finance world.

I say I am preparing for lift off

ssam

118 3
Looking at your GBPUSD now on Monday mid morning, you will note there is still NO entry Long on 4H. The short continues unabated on 4H

updated 4H chart since yesterday

Keep eye firmly on that 261.8% shown in the daily chart a few posts up. Its getting close to there now.

View attachment 264628
That is squirming and rolling ever closer to the 261 - one little dip into the zone and it may loose its head, and may cause a nice little run to the 200ema.

fibo_trader

Established member
689 12
EurUSD 4H, your chosen trading timeframe

Short continues unabated despite what's going on in Love Canal, South Central LA, Zimbabwe. Nothing metters no more, not the Land not the money not the woman. euro is in direct fight with $ and on 4H taking it in the yazoo. Nothing else is important. At T2W they will blow steam out the ass about all sorts of fundamental reasons - but not one single one of their reasons and rationale will make any trader a dime. But this will - in spades and bucket full loads of hard core green cash. Close Short when TLX. Also keep eye on RSI TL. Note how nicely Fibo levels responded here, so if 261.8% fails, then we wait for the other 2 shown as likely candidates but if TLX first, take it.

STOP should be already set in the vicinity of the 161.8% level, so you should be having 300k pounds sterling already bagged with total certainty.

If 261.8% fails and price drops lower in nice bars, then be ready to bring your STOP down to just above the 261.8% vicinity. Bag in another 300k.

A cool 600k or thereabouts on just one fck**g trade.

Try doing this with fundamental anal-ysis from T2W non-trader crowd and let me know if you escape walking bow-legged for a decade thereafter.

View attachment 264550

updated. see 1st para for quote, "but if TLX first, take it"
There you have it

fibo_trader

Established member
689 12
Very nice - the next question in the 200 EMA, what will the test be, a strong rejection or a brutal burst through it.
I have my chart time now, study study before lady gets home for love island and dinner.

Strong rejection or bust thru'?

CHART IS 4h. Usually the 200 does cause a pause. But the LONG is generated. So if you want to be cautious use a judicious stop right under the top red bar, actually right under the tail of the green candle that precedes it. That way you will defo have a profit even if rejection at 200. Then on the correction you can re-position much smarter. Just my 2 cents, amigo

ssam

118 3

CHART IS 4h. Usually the 200 does cause a pause. But the LONG is generated. So if you want to be cautious use a judicious stop right under the top red bar, actually right under the tail of the green candle that precedes it. That way you will defo have a profit even if rejection at 200. Then on the correction you can re-position much smarter. Just my 2 cents, amigo
Boom 200 EMA busted through by circa. 30pips. Now cooling off some and found resistance off the 200.

EURUSD - uptrend breaking through 200 is (A), retracement move back to below 200 (B) at area of prior support (next stop back to equilibrium middle of bolly bad) Move (C) continuing to the upside to 1.2800.

Paper trading - entry at 1.2435 (previous support zone) exit 1.2800 area.

Yes this is a long in a down trend.

Do not trade this trade.

ssam

118 3
Boom 200 EMA busted through by circa. 30pips. Now cooling off some and found resistance off the 200.

EURUSD - uptrend breaking through 200 is (A), retracement move back to below 200 (B) at area of prior support (next stop back to equilibrium middle of bolly bad) Move (C) continuing to the upside to 1.2800.

Paper trading - entry at 1.2435 (previous support zone) exit 1.2800 area.

Yes this is a long in a down trend.

Do not trade this trade.
Missed entry by 6pips

fibo_trader

Established member
689 12

LONG continues on 4H, STOP intact
the suggested judicious STOP under the tail of the candle to the left of the red bar is still intact. So some 4H segments have gone by now and we have more data to assess what's going on. LONG continues.

We have thus far a 3-wave down move = corrective signature, therefore dominant 4H trend is up until proven otherwise.

So, regardless what happens you have a profit. If I had skin in, I would forego that small profit and let it correct to wherever the fck it will AS LONG AS THE BREAKOUT LOW HOLDS. Why? The next upwave, if it gets past the 200, can be huge. Risk/Reward concept here at play. Safe play = TP if/when STOP hit.

My 2 cents

fibo_trader

Established member
689 12
sorry amigos, the updated chart here ................... see the 3-legged down wave?

clearer picture with the long tail candle in clear sight. The long tail, while no guarantee of efficacy, is still a good sign of bull/bear fight that bulls won

ssam

118 3
sorry amigos, the updated chart here ................... see the 3-legged down wave?

View attachment 264881

clearer picture with the long tail candle in clear sight. The long tail, while no guarantee of efficacy, is still a good sign of bull/bear fight that bulls won

View attachment 264882

This morning spent some time looking at EURUSD - sorry if the chart looks a mess!

I have extended the trendlines you kindly drew above, the friday close candle of the 4 hour looks to have closed slight above, but at the 38% fib, which looks to be rather well respected but this is a gnats whisker from the 200 EMA as resistance now turn support on the 4hr from the friday close candle. Plus the reducing momentum on the RSI.

There is some EUR news due to drop this week on industrial output, which Germany suffering some economic contraction recently, I am more inclined to take a bearish view on this pair for the week.

Entering short on a break of the 1.26000 'psychological' round number. and exit at 1.2050 - ahead of the next round number break. 59pips. 30 pip stop loss at 1.2900 and a TP as above - 2R.

Thoughts welcome .