Trendlines or support/resistance?

There can be only one: trendlines or support/resistance levels?

• Total voters

shadowninja

Legendary member
(This is the I'm-bored-and-slightly-red-from-being-in-the-sun-too-long thread.)

So, you have to choose; there can be only one; let's call this Highlander trading.

So, which is it: trendlines or support/resistance levels?

I always thought you draw trendlines(diagonal,horizontal etc) to identify support and resistance aka demand and supply. Sorry am I missing something?

I thought people generally considered trendlines to be diagonal and S/R to be horizontal.

supp res levels, this is where the dramas happen mostly, but I draw diagonal ones too :)

Is there some point to this poll ? How about trend (or momentum) and SR

Attachments

• sr.png
    sr.png
    22.8 KB · Views: 217
Set up your own poll. :D

I was just curious to see if anyone else used trendlines.

S/R but backed with volume.
'Value areas' is called.
At least for me.

C'mon Shadow - you gotta to vote in your own poll!
I suggest you vote for trendlines. That way, those that want to vote for them will feel more comfortable doing so, seeing that you've voted for them.
:cheesy:

Good point.

I actually do like TLs as a direction to trade off S and R, so that's why I couldn't vote.

I thought people generally considered trendlines to be diagonal and S/R to be horizontal.

If thats the case then I prefer S/R over diagonal lines.

C'mon Shadow - you gotta to vote in your own poll!
I suggest you vote for trendlines. That way, those that want to vote for them will feel more comfortable doing so, seeing that you've voted for them.
:cheesy:

:D I haven't voted for anything. Have you?

(This is the I'm-bored-and-slightly-red-from-being-in-the-sun-too-long thread.)

So, you have to choose; there can be only one; let's call this Highlander trading.

So, which is it: trendlines or support/resistance levels?

It's got to be S/R - if you get them right there has/will/is/eventually a trend between them.