Trailing stop losses

...as long as you feel as though you are betting you are losing......most likely......price moves up down or sideways and that is the end of that...take all lines off your chart intraday emini...intranight is not worth it.....all lines off now....5 min chart and 15 min chart...which is clearer? if you see the 5 min as the clear chart then pardner.....you have a tiger by the tail and it is you... .........point targets for emini trader postition or intraday takes the TSL issue off the plate....

I like to trail stop loss to the lowest low of 4 last bars, or highest high of 4 last bars for short.
It works well and doesn't get you out too quickly like many other strategies. It is described as part of the 'Turtles' strategy, and it seems to work for these guys. So much for trend following systems.

When I trend ranges I like to protect profits quickly, and I move to BE quickly and close trades quickly as the small trends in ranges are not enough for trailing stop to start working.

However the best place to get out is without a doubt at Take Profit, without waiting for your trailing stop to hit (and by that, to hurt your profits).

It seems that more and more spreadbetting companies are offering this service. This kind of hints that TSLs are not a smart idea for traders, particularly for swing traders. Potentially highly profitable positions can be closed all too soon if the stop is not wide enough. Of course, if you're near the top and there is enough momentum for it to smash through an all-time high, then perhaps a reasonably tight TSL can help you grab those points before it tumbles.

For scalpers/day traders, TSL can be useful for quickly locking in profit post-news, but generally it plays on the fears of newbies missing out profit so it helps them to close early... and eventually their account will be wiped out by the poor reward:risk ratio.

That's my thinking on TSLs.

Opinions?

Is there any slippage with TSL I have heard that it is possible.