Trading Office in Cambridge

C

cablemonster

Hi Traders

If anyone is interested in trading (their own money) full time from a professional office in Cambridge then drop me a pm. I run an asset management business (last 14 years) but also trade my own money (last 4+ years, did some tech stock trading back in 1999).

The office is high spec and run by Regus - so everything is taken care of. See link below:

Rent business centres in Cambridge Cambourne - Regus UK

In terms of trading I trade anything that is volatile, indices, FX, commodities. My set up is a simple 4 monitor workstation.

I am happy to share strategies if someone wants to trade here long term.

Cost

I pay the monthly bill for the office which is £700. Come in and trade for a few days free of charge, see if you like it. If you want to stay long term I will bill you £250pm which is slightly less than cost.

Why am I doing this?

Whilst I enjoy peace and quiet trading is quite a lonely gig. Ideally I would like to get 3 or 4+ long term profitable traders (or traders who are serious about being long term profitable) together to form a Cambridge trading group, all on a strictly co-op basis. It is also far more cost effective for everyone to have 3 or 4 traders in a group rather than having a single private office.

My vision is to have a small group of people who look out for each other, rock up at 7.30am for the open, finish whenever, no fuss, no politics, good banter.

shoot me a pm if interested.

ciao

Attachments

• 1.png
    1.png
    216.8 KB · Views: 1,135
  • 4.png
    4.png
    157.8 KB · Views: 1,210
  • 2.png
    2.png
    235.4 KB · Views: 535
  • 3.png
    3.png
    182.2 KB · Views: 541
Last edited by a moderator:
Can I ask what you mean by trading on a 'strictly co-op' basis? Do you mean that all traders will be sharing strategies and accounts with each other?

Can I ask what you mean by trading on a 'strictly co-op' basis? Do you mean that all traders will be sharing strategies and accounts with each other?

Hi Mate. I meant coop in terms of sharing office costs not sharing accounts. Each trader would be self funded. In terms of strategies it is down to each trader to share what they want to. I have some strats I can share but no guarantee anyone else could be profitable with them. I also have access to a couple of trading veterans who are both long term profitable who might help out if offered a bribe.

If interested pm me and we can hook up. Cone and trade here for a day and see if you like it.

Sorry to crash your thread CM, but 700 quid goes a long way in Cambridge! Looks like a bargain if they have a leased line too?

Good luck with it - talking to yourself in a room while watching iPlayer on your lonesome is never a good day.

Sorry to crash your thread CM, but 700 quid goes a long way in Cambridge! Looks like a bargain if they have a leased line too?

Good luck with it - talking to yourself in a room while watching iPlayer on your lonesome is never a good day.

yeah your money goes further outside of London. The office is a few miles outside of cambridge town centre so even more cost effective, no parking worries etc. no leased line but they will put in whatever you require. I have got a 30mb cable connection and wireless back up which I have not needed to use yet.

Regus will charge you every time you break wind in that office.

Out here, they are worse than Servcorp - which takes some doing.

I remember taking an invoice to their accounts people asking "what's this 7 Baht (10p) for?". Their reply "That's for the paper we printed your invoice on".

In my opinion - that's a tad mean.

Anyway - rules of the game...

Get your own printer - don't use theirs
Don't give friends/family the office number, you'll be charged each time they call you.
Don't have friends meet you in the reception, you'll be charged for the receptionist saying hello to them.
Don't use the meeting rooms/business lounge - all a gouge.
Check out the price of the tea/coffee there - that's usually a gouge too.
If there is a Chinese chick called Annie running the place - run for the hills.

Regus will charge you every time you break wind in that office.

Out here, they are worse than Servcorp - which takes some doing.

I remember taking an invoice to their accounts people asking "what's this 7 Baht (10p) for?". Their reply "That's for the paper we printed your invoice on".

In my opinion - that's a tad mean.

Anyway - rules of the game...

Get your own printer - don't use theirs
Don't give friends/family the office number, you'll be charged each time they call you.
Don't have friends meet you in the reception, you'll be charged for the receptionist saying hello to them.
Don't use the meeting rooms/business lounge - all a gouge.
Check out the price of the tea/coffee there - that's usually a gouge too.
If there is a Chinese chick called Annie running the place - run for the hills.

I did a lot of homework on Regus before signing up and I certainly was well versed on them charging for extras. They do make good money on the extras.

The offices themselves (at least in the UK) are high spec, clean, well run and professional but as you say they will try and stick you for extras at every turn.

I just pay the base office rental and internet connection, that is it. I didn't take their telecoms package, I use a VOIP provider. I have my own printers etc. The business lounge and tea/coffee is all included.

They are great for what I require and my needs but you need to keep them on a tight leash.

I hope you havn't had too many run ins with the locals, I heard if you upset the locals you could wake up with a horses head next to you. :LOL:

I did a lot of homework on Regus before signing up and I certainly was well versed on them charging for extras. They do make good money on the extras.

Sounds like my massage girl.

The offices themselves (at least in the UK) are high spec, clean, well run and professional but as you say they will try and stick you for extras at every turn.

I just pay the base office rental and internet connection, that is it. I didn't take their telecoms package, I use a VOIP provider. I have my own printers etc. The business lounge and tea/coffee is all included.

They are great for what I require and my needs but you need to keep them on a tight leash.

Sounds like you already have it covered. I do agree that they have good facilities. A lot of their customers have corporate backing of some form or another, hence the gouging.

I hope you havn't had too many run ins with the locals, I heard if you upset the locals you could wake up with a horses head next to you. :LOL:

I believe Ratchcoole has more experience on waking up to strange things here than me.. :whistling

Just seen this thread, are you still in the Regus office and looking for other traders to join? Unfortunately, can't PM as I've not posted here before.