Trading Courses Discussion

Taylored001

I see many a trading course advertising their pants off and i wonder whether any of them are actually genuine and have a strong belief in the strategies they teach. It got me thinking about how confident i am of the way i trade; the different strategies i've developed and also the way i've developed my price action reading abilities and it got me thinking that i could probably mentor someone to a trading income.

I started thinking about that and how i could develop that into a business. People say people that 'sell' trading information do it because they can't do it themeselves and that simply isn't the case for me; I'd just simply like to have something else to do aswell as trading, a business hobbie i could pursue, an extra challenge. I've always wanted to own businesses and i have quite a few ideas of possible business opportunities i could get into; I started talking to people and they said its best to start a business about something you know about... And i guess if there is one thing i'd say i'm good at its trading (and Halo 3). So that got me thinking of the kind of trading business i could do in my spare time, i just think it would be fun and i've got the cash to invest in the business.

And, like most people, i dislike the amount of scamming that goes into fooling traders into giving companies money! So i thought that maybe it would be hypocritically of me to do the same.

Everyone says 'Its all on the forums', But its not is it. Is there anyone out there who can honestly say that there trading education has singely come from this forum and they are making a large income every day. If so, i'm wrong, fair enough. I've searched these forums for extra learning and i've starting to realise the possible benefits of a website that is concise but packed of VERY good information, not crap. Just all the gems, in one nicely presented website, all the information from books, forums, websites all crammed into a nicely presented clean, educational website. That doesn't require you to look at all the pointless crap and argue with other traders about 'whos the most stupid'. On the website; Its all there, bunch of strategies that actually work, support through emails, psychology, the actual application of strategies, not avoiding all the little annoyances like understanding how a spread works when you're going long. Just explains everything , compact and concise and to the point. With my own strategies that i KNOW work.

Is it too bad to ask for money for that, it would take a lot of work? Or am i just being silly?

Because in all honestly, i wish something like that existed when i was learning, because personally if all i had read to form my trading knowledge was this forum, i think i'd be left stuck, feeling pretty paranoid about spreadbetting firms, unsure of how to actually implement any strategies into a daily plan, down-hearted by the amount of people shouting 'about 95% fail rate' and maybe i wouldn't have done so well so far.

Thats my idea anyway. What do you think?

I'm very confident i can help people towards a sustainable income using trading.

Ultimately the main strategy i used, i have never found on a forum and its also difficult to read a thread and trust the poster, there are so many strategies that there are too many, which do i choose, which will be a waste of time to demo, which won't be profitable enough, which won't work... By the time you've tried 4 strategies that don't work, you feel a lack of confidence and have wasted quite a bit of time...

I'm talking really good information, top quality in my opinion.

Opinions ;) ?

Nothing is impossible in this arena, but there are pitfalls. As you say, the info people need is spread far and wide on this subject but then again the subject of trading is vast. If you are confident in your skills to pull this all together and market it effectively, go for it. You never know unless you try. Good luck if you go ahead with it.

Dont make me luagh, youre 18 and you know it all already.

Well no obviously i've got a lot to learn but i was going to do it with my dad too and he has years of experiences and i was going to see if anyone else who had a little experience wanted to get involved.

I've actually decided i'm going to make the website, www.PlanetTrade.co.uk but its going to be free but i'm going to work very hard on the content and i just think that the information could help a lot of noobies out and give experts some powerful strategies, going to provide a private £5 per month forum too to discuss the information.

:) How does that sound?

I wont mention any names but..

I know quite a lot about mentoring and what it really means.. Not many people understand what it really contains. It is building a mutual relationship based on RESPECT and GROWTH.

A real mentor such as the few I have met in my proffesional career is the best thing that can happen to you. I would say it is a prerequisite for succes in business. TOP LEVEL succes and management. I have gotten interviews on the name of my former boss alone. If he vouches for you I will give you a chance.. that seems to be the way it works..

So how can this be transferred to the online world?

Obviously the "mentor" must be able to have some form of direct relationship with his protege. Is this the case with most mentor programs? Probably not..

Selling a course and mentoring are two very different things. I would even say, mentoring is not motivated by profit but by a genuine interest in seeing good people succeed.

Well I think that should give you my opinion on mentor programs:D