top10

keano

I mainly trade the indicies although am intrigued by US stocks. The free, delayed lycos charts have a feature called top 10 where they show the top 10 points gainers, highest volume ect, ect. is there somewhere where i can view these type of things in realtime?

I am farily successful at trading the indicies through speadbetting(grabbed 65 points today and over 100 on friday :)) and have been doing it for a few years, but trading stocks seems to be a different ball game. I assume that these type of things help you find 'set-ups'.

Keano

You can get what you want for around $10 a month from Lycos (Quote.com).

Keano, your mention some useful wins. No secrets requested but is your approach intuitive, trend assessment or a system?

Quid pro quo, mine is an own non-trend system exploiting the 'zero sum game' functionality of the market (ie Dow).

Fudgestain. I dont want people to think that im always getting this many points....i wish! I've had a couple of good days, although i am overall a successful spreadbetter.

My trading involves basic candlestick analysis of the daily charts. I then act upon them signals intraday when the short-term trend (1 min, 100 EMA) agrees with me. I have also been 'pair trading' the indices with my own system. A little like indexkings trades, which can sometimes turn a small loser into a small winner. e.g. i long the dow. goes against me by 10 points. short whatever instrument my analysis says will work agains the dow that day, and watch the indicies 'wiggle in my eventual favour...if ive got it right...

I only bet 1 pound per point, and so am by no means a big success story racking up the dosh, lol.