Thinkorswim: Good choice for a first time paper account ?

Kaeso

Oct 4, 2015
Can someone tell me what i'm doing wrong ?

So I normally hold on to a trade for 30 sec to a min. But this is whats stumping me. Lets say I buy 100 shares of ABC, buy market and its long. My P/L is in the green. But I notice it starts to go down, so I reverse (go short) a 100 shares and my P/L is still in the green. Lets say I do this go long and short 4 times (2-long, 2-short) and make a profit of $500. However soon as I flatten my P/L would be something in the red like $30.

The commission is $6.75 x 4 would be a $27 in fees end would profit should be $473. So what am I doing wrong ? Do you get charged more if you go from long-short (and vice versa), is this all platforms, or just TD ?

Thanks for help.
Its difficult to know what you have done on your account and what you are seeing. You are better off asking TOS about this because they can talk you through your transactions etc

Or of you wanna screenshot your transactions and relevant account screens here you could try posting them here to clarify

Last edited:
Nov 20, 2017
Its difficult to know what you have done on your account and what you are seeing. You are better off asking TOS about this because they can talk you through your transactions etc

Or of you wanna screenshot your transactions and relevant account screens here you could try posting them here to clarify
I was thinking maybe just screen recording a couple of minutes, it would be better to visually see it rather then explaining. I'll try and post soon, never used a screen recorder.

Thanks. :)