The Three Keys

Hey neil

Newb here...

where can i set up the indicators as moving average with 0.05 vertical shift? I use etx..

Hey neil

Newb here...

where can i set up the indicators as moving average with 0.05 vertical shift? I use etx..

ETX seems to have several trading platforms, so it depends which one you use. probably best to ask the support people at the broker / SB company. One of the other posters (JTrader I think) mentioned using the 'shift' setting in the MA, but I personally don't see how that will work as its an absolute value not a per cent age. Also it seems to be a time shift.

There is feature called 'levels' in the MA dialogue, and it can produce bands - basically you set two values to be the amount above and below the MA, but it works on absolute values not percentages. To make visible bands they have to be set quite a w way form the MA - I eventually arrived at 250 & -250 to make something visible. I guess to do this in MT4 you will just need to experiment. MT4 is mostly forex though, if you are trading the indices you would probably use one of the other platforms.

Good luck (y)