t2w being used by fraudsters

Mr. Charts

Legendary member
Received this PM:

YOUR KIND ATTENTION:

I AM MRS ELIZABETH ALBERT MILTON FROM BO FREETOWN SIERRA LEONE WE ARE
WRITTING TO SEEK YOUR
HIGHLY ESTEMMED HELP/ CONSENT IN A LASTING BUSINESS RELATIONSHIP OF MUTUAL BENEFIT
INVOLVING ($21 MILLION USD) TWEENTY ONE MILLION USD FOR INVESTMENT IN YOUR
COMPANY/COUNTRY UNDER A JOINT VENTURE PARTNERSHIP,
CONTACT ME IMMEDIATELY
FOR DETAILS OF THE TRANSACTION AND SOURCE OF FUND.

WAITING FOR YOUR EARLIEST RESPONSE.

REGARDS.
MRS ELIZABETH ALBERT MILTON

Richard, it really would be helpful if you placed this sort of thing in the "feedback" forum, where I have now moved it, rather than General Trading Chat.

Was this a PM, or an email? If via PM, could you let me know the username of the individual and I will ban them.

If by T2W email, then there isn't a great deal we can do about this kind of email as I understand it - you may be able to adjust some settings in your inbox to prevent this kind of email, but Paul would probably know better.

Thanks,

Hi Matt,
"abeth" was the sender by PM
Richard

PS I placed it in "general chat" because that appears on the front page and "feedback" doesn't.
Hence more people would have seen it in "chat"
R

This 'abeth' sent about 20 PMs to members. If you received one (like I did!), then please delete it, as it's quite clearly a scam. This person has now been banned.

Rossored
If you put it in feedback forum , I would never see it, I never look there !!
H

Mr. Charts said:
Hi Matt,
"abeth" was the sender by PM
Richard

PS I placed it in "general chat" because that appears on the front page and "feedback" doesn't.
Hence more people would have seen it in "chat"
R

Fair enough - hadn't thought of that aspect of it.

Apologies if that across as a bit blunt - not intended that way.

If you received one like I did, just ignore it. If you paste it here on forum you are doing free advertisement for them.

Matt,
No problem, sometimes I can be pretty blunt myself (unintentionally, of course) ;-)
Richard