Swap your skill for very cool trading tool

trader_dante

Veteren member
Hello,

I wonder if there is anyone here that is a WHIZZ with Excel.

I've got my hands on a trading tool that is very cool but it needs to be tinkered with to make it fully functional for me. e.g. dollar signs need to be converted to pounds in all formulas...

Not sure how long it would take someone but if you are good with Excel then obviously I will send you the tool and you will get a copy of it too.

I know this sounds funny but I will only respond to posters that I know or that have been around for a while as the tool originally cost money and there is a trust issue involved so if you have 1 post under your name don't bother! :)

Thanks,

Tom

Last edited:
Tom,

Why not just list the problems - far simpler, solved in a jiffy, and at no cost. Eg, dollar signs in formulas indicate an absolute reference, ie if copied to another, it will always refer to the original, as oppsoed to a relative, cell.

However, if you actually mean values in cells are shown as dollar values which need to be changed to sterling, then use control-f, enter $ (under Find), then enter £ (under Replace).

Just don't ask about VBA.

Grant.

Tom,

Excellent. I just hope my post above is taken in the spirit it was written.

Do you want to post any more problems are would you prefer pm?

Grant.

However, if you actually mean values in cells are shown as dollar values which need to be changed to sterling, then use control-f, enter $ (under Find), then enter £ (under Replace).

Would this not mess with absolute cell references in formulas?

I'd be willing to have a look, if you still need someone.

This was questioned. However, seems the op has either lost interest or the problems ahave been solved. Who knows?

Grant.

Don't worry, we all do it, and it is a Saturady.

Have a good weekend, mate.

Grant.