STRTRADA's Law of Supply and Demand!

STRTRADA

Established member
Hi,

I have had a lot of e-mails aksing me how identify zones on buying zones and selling zones. Supply and demand in a nutshell is how the markets work and once you have seen how the markets work, there is really one way of learning how to trade and that is only done by learning the fundementals of the market process of why there are supply and demand imbalances at different prices.

It baffles me that some traders do not even know what supply and demand is. Why should this market be any different?
On the side of each trade there is always a buyer and seller. Trading is really just trying to find which side has the most power.

Now as I'm sure you know retail traders do not account for much of the trading volume...Meaning if you tell your buddy that you and him are going to go long the chances are the volume generated by your trade really won't have any sort of affect on the market whatsoever. The real big boys in the banks at the end of the day control EVERYTHING so why would you want to attempt to go against them...?

So now we have identified what sort of group we want to trade with...we want to make sure almost every trade we go with our bank friends are on the SAME side of the trade. With this we have the momentum and just follow where the big boys take us.

Now we come on to something new...The big boys can see the their orders written down at an exact price. Now we do not have access to this data, we only have access to a chart but it is just as easy to see it on a chart. This combined with PA confirmation or confluence can result easily in a highly accurate win rate.

Over the weeks I wish to post some trades that I see and the reasoning behind them.

Anywho this is a chart to get us started

EUR/GBP trade Around the 11th of Jan
The Blue box is the area of hevay supply and the Red box shows one candle shoot up becuase of the buying power. But the candle was not able to maintain the bullish candle becuase of the heavy area of supply and teh sellers came and pushed the candle to a pinbar formation.

Attachments

• eurgbp trade.gif
    eurgbp trade.gif
    18.5 KB · Views: 4,545
Last edited:
Here is another case of the laws of supply and demand at work. The blue box drawn on the 27 th Jnauary showed that the demand level that was made on the 20th Jnauary had been used up. However we could have still had a successful trade on the 24th January.

Think of it like this

20th January - we saw heavy demand
24th January- we could have used thatd emand level for a long position
27th Jnauary- As this level had already been touched and price reacted off it we need to think...could all the stacked orders have been used up...that would have explainied te sharp immediate rise on the 24th January.

Attachments

• eurgbp trade.gif
    eurgbp trade.gif
    18.8 KB · Views: 975
Hi Strtrada,

Interesting theory. I absolutely agree that demand and supply ultimately drive the markets.

Could you post more charts to explain your trading method?

Thankyou & safe trading!