Stock Prices

sun_smile

Hello,

I am a student looking to write a paper on stochastic calculus and it's application in the stock markets of today. I aim to both create and analyse a model of possible future stock prices, but to do this I need a clear portfolio or at least generally clear data of past stock prices for one or more companies.
Ideally I am looking for records that show the stock prices by month for the past 5 years and then the prices by year for the 15 after that. Can somebody either provide this information or point me in the right direction?

Thank you so much for your help

Hello,

I am a student looking to write a paper on stochastic calculus and it's application in the stock markets of today. I aim to both create and analyse a model of possible future stock prices, but to do this I need a clear portfolio or at least generally clear data of past stock prices for one or more companies.
Ideally I am looking for records that show the stock prices by month for the past 5 years and then the prices by year for the 15 after that. Can somebody either provide this information or point me in the right direction?

Thank you so much for your help

The cheapest way is to use yahoo finance. Yahoo! UK & Ireland Finance - FTSE, Stock Exchange, Mortgages, Loans & More

Put in a symbol in the Get quotes box, then on the left hand side of the screen click on Historical prices. Then you can get historical prices going back to around 1980 daily, weekly or monthly. There is a download to excel button at the bottom of the screen.

Here's the URL for one stock at random OXY

OXY Historical Prices | Occidental Petroleum Corporatio Stock - Yahoo! UK & Ireland Finance

Charlton