Stock Market sell off coming late Aug. or in Sep.

2be

Experienced member
1,868 299
I trade what I see. The holiday season is ending and the market condition might change again.
One of the best advise that Mr Copan has released in his recordings, is to follow the market when the PA has and is confirming the scenario one has observed that statistically is likely to unfold in the following days/weeks. This applies to trading generally and is not solely specific to Delta approach, but yes his remarks are correct and apply to all TFs.
I avoid establishing large position/s in hope to catch the top/bottom reversal, forgoing the possible advantage of an early entry, instead I follow up with adding trades to the position/s in profit. By this I try to limit the risk, and I am happy with limited profits too.
When the proposed count on a higher TF does not happen or is delayed, it is ok and does not harm my account, I trade intra day PA.
August has had some large swings outside of US session, I usually do not put intraday trades outside of an open session.

Good weekend to all!
2be

Reactions: 4xis2ez

4xis2ez

350 53
I trade what I see. The holiday season is ending and the market condition might change again.
One of the best advise that Mr Copan has released in his recordings, is to follow the market when the PA has and is confirming the scenario one has observed that statistically is likely to unfold in the following days/weeks. This applies to trading generally and is not solely specific to Delta approach, but yes his remarks are correct and apply to all TFs.
I avoid establishing large position/s in hope to catch the top/bottom reversal, forgoing the possible advantage of an early entry, instead I follow up with adding trades to the position/s in profit. By this I try to limit the risk, and I am happy with limited profits too.
When the proposed count on a higher TF does not happen or is delayed, it is ok and does not harm my account, I trade intra day PA.
August has had some large swings outside of US session, I usually do not put intraday trades outside of an open session.

Good weekend to all!
2be
Yes, I have the tendency to try and pick tops and bottoms. It may be best to take a 1/2 position in an attempt to pick a top/bottom, have a generous stop loss on that. If move is confirmed after a few days, trade the other 1/2 position then. I'm mostly looking at daily charts.

2be, I don't know what PA means.

2be

Experienced member
1,868 299
PA = Price Action
Market structure of HH/HL or the rverse in direction of a trend (for intra day - on a short TF or volume or tick candles)
HH = Higher High HL = Higher Low
I lalso take note of pivots with mid pivots on daily, and fib pivots on D and Wk

If I try to catch the rotation point, it is done with a very small position and a very large SL, on cofirmation I load the trade with large and multiple entires with a tight SL. The reverse idsadding to a losing position, and such experiences I remember well, assisted with the therpeutic pain!

Last edited:

2be

Experienced member
1,868 299
That fibs are very interesting.
WHen there is a sign of distribution, it is certaily time to consider shorting.
Check the volume, it usually gives the useful insight as well.

4xis2ez

350 53
That fibs are very interesting.
I learned about the 88.6% fib from Copan. He said it was a very valuable fib level. Price may move to either the 76.4, or 88.6 and start heading down.

Reactions: 2be

2be

Experienced member
1,868 299
yes fibs are very interesting, I also use fib pivots on D WK and Monthly
and ordinary pivots with retracements and extentions (drawn both ways for convinience), posted on other threads
itis all very interesting especially when it all comes together

Last edited:

4xis2ez

350 53
Here is SP500 cycle equivalent to MTD. It shows downward during much of September, so LTD, MTD, and ITD are lining up in the same direction.

forum1.jpg

Reactions: he-man and 2be

trendie

Legendary member
6,432 1,076
what does LTD, MTD AND ITD mean ?
The Delta Phenomenon is a fascinating story.
There is a belief that markets turn, or swing in certain cycles.
There are cycles or turning points within other cycles.
At the bottom pf the page I link below, there are the chapter headings, which describe the acronyms.
((LTD: Long Term Delta; MTD: Medium Term Delta, etc)

Enjoy!! :)

PS: Oh balls!!
1: Each market can have its own Delta cycles; the turning points arent all the same.
2: The core principle, if I recall, is that the main cycle revolved around 4 lunar months.
3: A guy called Steve Copan either evolved it (or plagiarised (not getting into that one!)) further by adding Elliot Waves and Fibs.
(so be careful about original Delta Phenomenon (Wilder) and anything else)

Last edited:
Reactions: member275544

sunset1

254 6
The Delta Phenomenon is a fascinating story.
There is a belief that markets turn, or swing in certain cycles.
There are cycles or turning points within other cycles.
At the bottom pf the page I link below, there are the chapter headings, which describe the acronyms.
((LTD: Long Term Delta; MTD: Medium Term Delta, etc)

Enjoy!! :)

PS: Oh balls!!
1: Each market can have its own Delta cycles; the turning points arent all the same.
2: The core principle, if I recall, is that the main cycle revolved around 4 lunar months.
3: A guy called Steve Copan either evolved it (or plagiarised (not getting into that one!)) further by adding Elliot Waves and Fibs.
(so be careful about original Delta Phenomenon (Wilder) and anything else)
trendie are you describing delta as not very reliable ?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

But it's thanks to our sponsors that access to Trade2Win remains free for all. By viewing our ads you help us pay our bills, so please support the site and disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock