Spread Betting Charts Volume or Open Interest?

Ocean69

hey,

New to spread betting and I was wondering how the technical is managed. Are the charts used the same as futures where you monitor open interest or are they like stocks where you monitor volumn traded?

Are they the same for all markets? (stocks, forex, metals, bonds, etc)
Is it different for the type of bet? (rolling and monthly)

If they are like other derivatives then how can we tell what the open interest? do you follow the underlying market?

"Jones: Say I go to IG Index and want to spreadbet on the FTSE: how do you derive your prices?

Dan Moczulski, IG Index: Exactly the same. In fact, generally we take the lead from the futures market itself. As I suggested before, although one of the two products has the moniker of a bet to make it tax-free, they are nigh on identical in what they're purporting to follow."

http://www.financial-spread-betting.com/Spread-betting-vs-futures.html

How do you know the open interest on individual stocks?

How can traders monitor open interest with SB and CFD's affecting so much but not being tracked? I understand that the large institutional investors trade on the regulated exchange but the people I talk to the smaller institutions are moving towards other products for money management reasons they can make more profit.

Tks for the help
David