so, what i've learned this week.

mike.

Hi folks, just a newbie here, I've been betting this week using a demo account from city index, Didn't really know what spread betting was until last week but thought i would have a dabble.
Now, im not a gambler as such, but have enjoyed every minute , of my trading this week, going to give it a few more demo weeks before i go live and open an account, I could sit in front of my computer all day and watch share prices go up and down even more so when i have a bet riding on one of them. So, best plans and strategies for a newbie requested.

My plan is to stick in £500 and trade small stakes when i open an account in the next few weeks but what would you suggest ? 2 to 5 pound bets on non volatile stocks or 10p 50p on volatile ?

in my demo i was down over a grand by doing all the things you shouldn't do like, trying to guess the peak and going short, chasing money by spur of the moment bets, leaving the computer for a hour while betting short on oil, all the newbie mistakes and more, Anyway, im back up to my 2500 start figure with some good bets in the last few days and can safely say " im learning the hard way".
Dont want to blether on to long as its my first post but hope to get to know you all in the near future, Regards...Mike.