A Simple Trading method

HI Guys,
Thanks for the info, it's been interesting At least now I know what level 2 is. I will certainly look into to it. I will carry on with my simple method, as I have a mortgage & bills to pay. Is this system any good for short term trading 2 to 5 days?
Cheers

The shorter your trading timescale, the greater will be the advantage of L2. On a 2-5 days, I would say there is no advantage at all....

Hey - what happened to SIMPLE trading methods ?

Neil

In any simple method of trading at some stage we need to enter, exit and manage the trade,no matter what time frame we are looking at.

We hear many complaints about spread betting companies on this board and their bias, giving traders uncertainty about what is realy happening.You never hear any complaints from Nasdaq level 2 traders on these points do you?

NL2 is so good that no wonder it is a scalpers dream,BUT to many people think thats all it can be used for.Not so.

It enables the trader to cut down their risk every time they enter a trade.ie the Nasdaq trader might have an initial stop of 10c,the spread better 20c/25c because of his uncertainty of what is going on and the need therefore more initial wiggle room.If we run the stock for a dollar profit the spread better would possibly be happy and get out with 1/3 risk reward.At the same point the NL2 trader would have up to 1/9 risk reward.

But the NL2 trader if he had been managing his trade during this time should have seen the story that unfolded infront of his eyes and understood if we were going higher.He would have found and felt the true personality of the stock from the players on the screen.This would give him the advantage of trying for the longer move.This is where selling part of the position and running with the other part realy make large profits.When sentiment changes once again he will see it and feel it and with direct access be out in a blink.NL2 is the best indicator t/a players and spread betters never had and that daytraders cannot be without.

NL2 information can help traders make more informed decisions in any time frame.Denial is something that hurts traders profits.

Once again this is a personal opinion and any trading decision can result in loosing all or some of an individuals account.

Have Faith brothers

Judging by the fervour with which Naz extols the virtues of Level 2, one wonders if he was a Jesuit in another life ?

Note: Loose is the opposite of tight.

Lose is the opposite of win.

Seriously though:

Keep up the good work Naz :D

Naz,

Can't wait till/if/when I have enough money to be able to get into L2...... partly cos of your posts here on T2W.... Must admit, I haven't really understood what you've written above explaining the L2 screenshot, but reading you extol the virtues of L2 certainly whets the appetite....

:)

Not just me saying good things about Nasdaq level 2.

Search for Trader Patterns posts and see all the positive comments he's being saying for over a year time and time again.

Scientist said "I maintain that lev11 besides every other field of trading knowledge is a must learn."

Machine said "If you are going to stay in this game learn Nasdaq lev 11.Its not easy but it beats the pants off all this t/a rubbish."

Cameronman said "I can only liken it to an iceberg with level2 enabling me to see and understand for the first time what is actually going on beneath the surface before you see the outcomes/moves on the charts"

After various seminars clickevents had comments like
" wow" David Wagon
"brilliant absolutely brilliant" Alan Anthony
"awesome" Mark Weston
"fascinating" David Marshall

Maybe there is something in this level 2 Nasdaq trading after all eh!

Last edited:
Neil, getting back to the original posting regarding your system, have been to the link you give, but none of them make sense.

Would be grateful if you could check, and if any of those are the link you are referring to, could you elaborate?
Many thanks to you
Kevin