Simple Cable + Euro breakouts journal (no indicators)

dehot

28 2
There is another version of this (which may have cropped up already in the middle of your thread) where you wait for a significant break, then a pullback, then place a stop order at the high/low and a stop loss at the low/high of the pullback. If you get filled, you usually get an input of volume enough to take at least 20 pips or so and often with a tighter stop. You can move to break even pretty quickly as the volume gets you clear and if you don't get filled, it's a pretty good indication that the move isn't there.

alexaherself

Established member
560 149
There is another version of this (which may have cropped up already in the middle of your thread) where you wait for a significant break, then a pullback, then place a stop order

Indeed so. :)

(But as explained in this thread's first post, the purpose of this experiment was to determine whether it could be done on a "set and forget" basis without needing to wait for those eventualities.)

alexaherself

Established member
560 149
Well, I don't see that

It's explained in very first post in the thread: the method described involves entering buy/sell-stop orders at 3.00pm on the basis of the state of the Cable and EUR/USD markets between 1.00pm and 3.00pm.

dehot

28 2
Sorry, have been a bit pushed for time to read properly. Anyway, thanks for posting your strategy. It's interesting and something I was considering having traded the European morning break before. Hope it's continuing to work for you, although I wonder if you have managed to squeeze a bit more out of it by now, perhaps with a runner and trailing stop as well as the target?

alexaherself

Established member
560 149
Thanks ... yes: I do it slightly differently now, and in a more complicated way, allowing a proportion of winning positions to run further. In 2014 it had ten successful months and two (actually pretty minor) losing months. So far in 2015 it's had one minor losing month. But I got off to a lucky start with it, as the month's results of +266 pips "proofed" in this thread turned out to be above average.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

But it's thanks to our sponsors that access to Trade2Win remains free for all. By viewing our ads you help us pay our bills, so please support the site and disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock