SII Certificate

davealsolh

I know there are other SII releated threads but they dont seem to have answered my questions so i hope you can help!

I am thinking about taking unit 1(FSA Reg) and then Unit 4 (sec & Der), however i have a two questions that i would be gratefull for advice on,

Firstly are they passable by just studying the coursebooks and mock exams e.t.c or will/should i pay for the day courses?

Second, from people's previous expericence what sort of study hours should i be putting into the units?

Anyway input is much appreciated!

Dave,

Just study the coursebooks and mock exams. You'll be fine. I kept reading over and over, and doing the mocks repeatedly until I got a really high percentage - upper 80/90's. Then I felt ready.

Number of hours? 2 months evenings/weekends only, 1month full-time (no evenings/weekends). Of course, if you're particularly good you could do it in half the time.

Grant.

Grant.

I think it depend on what kind of experience you have and knowledge about the market since before. :)

Dave,

Just study the coursebooks and mock exams. You'll be fine. I kept reading over and over, and doing the mocks repeatedly until I got a really high percentage - upper 80/90's. Then I felt ready.

Number of hours? 2 months evenings/weekends only, 1month full-time (no evenings/weekends). Of course, if you're particularly good you could do it in half the time.

Grant.

Grant.
2 months evenings/weekends only, 1month full-time . Sorry how many hours of work is that on evenings weekends/ full time.

Dave,

It's down to the individual. You could study for each exam in only a week if you can retain detail effortlessly. Full-time you are probably looking at 4-5 hours a day (not cramming).

Grant.

In your experiance does fashionable = respected? I've been considering the same SII Certificate, mainly because it looks interesting but also as additional CV material but I've been unable to find much info on how much weight employers give to qualificaitons like these?

I would question the value of any of these qualification, so I think one of the key factors you should consider when choosing one must be how fashionable is it!

P.S (I don't really question the value of these but do find that they only have limited use in the real world)