Selective Forex Trading (book)

trendie

Legendary member
Just been perusing my email from Global Investor bookshop.
I have already ordered this book, and will receive it early next week.

I was really taken by the synopsis, I thought I ought to see what the fuss was about, and didnt want to wait before letting you guys know about it.
Could be a dud, but I am a sucker for a Crossover! :cheesy:
(wonder what the "S" is all about)

below is relevant paragraphy from the email:

2. New: Don Snellgrove's Selective Forex Trading
--------------------------------------------------------------------

In 'Selective Forex Trading' Don Snellgrove takes readers inside the S/90
Crossover, an independently verified technical indicator that has provided traders
with hundreds of consecutive trades without a single loser The S/90 shows traders
precisely when to enter and exit a position, for the greatest profit potential every
time. Beyond providing hands-on insights into using the S/90 Crossover to control
trading risk and eliminate large losses, it features specific exercises for creating
and maintaining mental discipline and coaching traders on how and when to retreat,
regroup, and re-energize.

Buy 'Selective Forex Trading' now and save 34%

Gi Bulletin Bookshop : Selective Forex Trading: How to Achieve Over 100 Trades in a Row without a Loss - by Don Snellgrove

EDIT: in order to pre-empt any "if it was so good, why sell it" type responses; even if it wasnt so good, and has only 30 trades before a loser, surely it is upto us to extract the relevant useful bits and discard the rubbishy bits. Its all about collecting the little nuggets and adding to a larger plan.

Good luck with it trendy, sounds like one needs to highlight trends, extreme extensions in trend weakening then I assume the S90 cuts in or when you identify the cluster of variables, wait till the S 90 crosses.

Look forward to any review you may provide and hope its doesnt turn out to be a cluster F***over ..

You never know how these things pan out trendie. There might be something contained in there that sparks off a bit of interest.

LMAO ... awsl ... you didn't follow the link to Amazon for the WORST reviews I've ever seen.

I liked:
"I am usually able to find something worthwhile in a book but this one was an exception."
"I am surprised Wiley published this marketing piece."
"I gave this book 1 star only because it wouldn't let me give it zero."

and yes, that's from 3 different reviews.

What's the indicator you ask:
"So I read the book a little more and read the followingabout his S90/Crossover "...there are four levels to the S90/Crossover procedure. The chapters that follow present the first two levels, as well as information regarding the associated extreme levels of the S90/Crossover, which I often use as entries as well as for profit targets. The last two levels are a bit more complicated, and I suggest, once again, to locate a certified mentor who has been properly trained to explain the more advanced levels of the S90/Crossover. You can find contact information for a certified mentor in the Resouce section of this book." Oddly enough, 3 of the 4 resources listed are related to Don Snellgrove's businesses, CFGTrading, CFG LLC, and Forex Producers."

any feedback? what is S/90 Crossover?

LMAO ... awsl ... you didn't follow the link to Amazon for the WORST reviews I've ever seen.

I liked:
"I am usually able to find something worthwhile in a book but this one was an exception."
"I am surprised Wiley published this marketing piece."
"I gave this book 1 star only because it wouldn't let me give it zero."

and yes, that's from 3 different reviews.

What's the indicator you ask:
"So I read the book a little more and read the followingabout his S90/Crossover "...there are four levels to the S90/Crossover procedure. The chapters that follow present the first two levels, as well as information regarding the associated extreme levels of the S90/Crossover, which I often use as entries as well as for profit targets. The last two levels are a bit more complicated, and I suggest, once again, to locate a certified mentor who has been properly trained to explain the more advanced levels of the S90/Crossover. You can find contact information for a certified mentor in the Resouce section of this book." Oddly enough, 3 of the 4 resources listed are related to Don Snellgrove's businesses, CFGTrading, CFG LLC, and Forex Producers."

have received it, gathering dust, skim-read it, waffle.
mostly garbage.
sticking to my own rules; cant guarantee 100s of loss-free trades, but I know why my rules work cos I wrote them.

all I need now is a wonkey table to make better use of that book.

I read it from cover to cover.... wish I had skipped the pages in between.... Pants, utter pants,

I actually like the book...the S90 levels are really quite amazing for locating where the market will go to / bounce off of. If you are looking for the holy grail then look no further than between your ears. That is where all great trading exists...this book helps identify some very powerful levels.