SEC plans end to price swings

I can't seriously believe anyone would imagine there are algos out there doing HFT based on what's topping the Google search list at the moment. It would have to be a pretty discriminating and fancy piece of code to determine whether the quantity-based knowledge was positive or negative. Or perceived to be positive or negative. And decide who has what perception. And whose perceptions count the most.

Hatahway pregnant. With profits.
Berkshires falling snow.
Buffett table selling on ebay.

It's a bit more sophisticated than that, but there's a lot of work going on in aggregating social media trends for automated trading. I was recently invited to an in-house conference on the very subject...

I can't seriously believe anyone would imagine there are algos out there doing HFT based on what's topping the Google search list at the moment.

I was shocked too. I thought it was all uber genius crazy quanty stuff from the fifth dimension.

I can't seriously believe anyone would imagine there are algos out there doing HFT based on what's topping the Google search list at the moment. It would have to be a pretty discriminating and fancy piece of code to determine whether the quantity-based knowledge was positive or negative. Or perceived to be positive or negative. And decide who has what perception. And whose perceptions count the most.

Hatahway pregnant. With profits.
Berkshires falling snow.
Buffett table selling on ebay.

d'ya ever pay any attention to the FX sentiment index available from Dukas, Oanda etc? Kinda like 'off the grid' trends. Pretty spot on for position traders/trading too..

Makes him look like a deficit denier

LOL would love to see Gideon get up in the commons to say he's gonna cut the deficit by 5 trl..Hahaha..:LOL:

I love that expression that's crept into their Common Purpose bu115hit.."Deficit Denier! Hang him!"

I was shocked too. I thought it was all uber genius crazy quanty stuff from the fifth dimension.
Before I schedule in almost 48 precious minutes of my life to watching this video, does it relate to social network data aggregation in respect of financial trading algos?

...or...

Does it have tottie with big 'uns...?

d'ya ever pay any attention to the FX sentiment index available from Dukas, Oanda etc? Kinda like 'off the grid' trends. Pretty spot on for position traders/trading too..
No. That's the sort of index the people I'm trading against use.

Plus I suspect they're nothing to do with social networking data aggregation and utilisation thereof by trading algos, which is where the discussion had kind of drifted.

So long as they're temporary circuit breakers, rahter than lasting a session like a price limit does. Otherwise any rational investor is going to demand additional return knowing they may not have the liquidity to exit their position in a crisis.... so it is overall stock market negative...

No. That's the sort of index the people I'm trading against use.
Plus I suspect they're nothing to do with social networking data aggregation and utilisation thereof by trading algos, which is where the discussion had kind of drifted.

I likes your thinking..:D