Scammed for £70,000 by IG Index!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Joe is suggesting they may have found out you were booted out by another provider and didnt declare that to them, hence the 'misleading' accusation. Two questions, do they even ask you that and, well, did you?

No is the answer to both of those questions

It would be through profiling. The trades didn't look like they were lucky strikes. If the OP claimed to be a non-professional, she may have to explain how she won. Also the bucketshops share data. If the OP was thrown out of another shop previous, they would know.

It's impossible to say whether any trades over such a short time were lucky or not. Besides, traders of any level of expertise of 'professionalism' will have wins and losses.

Possibly IG is suggesting that the IP address had previously been used by someone else?

exactly!! Why does this apply when you win and not when you lose?! F*cking disgrace

...and yet you go to any expo or free presentation and they give you a load of crap about hedging your positions etc etc.

I meant maybe they had further details in regards to your bank account , ie : do you work in a financial institution ... etc ?
Maybe it is not a good idea to answer here , anyway you should be careful in what to say here . Take action first thing in the morning , call the financial ombudsman plus seek legal advice from a "no win no fee" service as stated earlier ....

Good point, yes i'll be careful what I say thanks but I have nothing to hide I want IG exposed! I've got it contact with watchdog UK and the newspapers

It's impossible to say whether any trades over such a short time were lucky or not. Besides, traders of any level of expertise of 'professionalism' will have wins and losses.

Possibly IG is suggesting that the IP address had previously been used by someone else?

Would a professional trader have taken trades with that level of risk, I seriously doubt it, they were suicidal and I'm sure if they'd continued the account would have been wiped.

Look at those trades, they arent anything special they weren't big wins they were made with big positions that's all, very risky and yes probably suicidal, maybe i got lucky but thats besides the point I made the profit and it was realised gains

They can check the IP address it will come back to my home address.

Re: mods - please delete

Hi I am writing to present my case of an example of where I have been scammed by IG index. I have been asked to post on here by a series of other customers that have also been scammed.

Can you shed some light on the other customers who have been scammed as well? Were they involved in your trading in some way?

For the most part Incredible stakes I have to say, this if I read you account statement correctly. Where is the money management in all this I have to ask? Yes quite a few wins but you do have considerable losses as well. You really put everything on the line with these bets that could have burned down your entire account.

If I look at the indices trades you have done, nothing really to be upset about from the SB viewpoint as I see it, this if it wasn't for the huge stakes. IG had every chance and should have hedge all these large bets.

Get legal expertise as soon as possible to support your case.

It's equally probably the bucketshop would be wiped if they continued. The trades as a collection doesn't look like random gambles to me.

You really think it was just as likely that IG Index would go bust as someone placing massive bets on a 30k account? No offence Joe but I think there was a far greater chance that the OP would have wiped out first.

Reactions: tar
I liked that first trade you made. 15 pence in profit and you promptly withdrew it :clap:

Look at those trades, they arent anything special they weren't big wins they were made with big positions that's all

lets fact it you were risking huge amounts 10K+ in a five minutes binaries , either you are working for a financial institution "professional" which would be ok for IG but you have to disclose this information to them when u apply , or you are a s### rich punter ;) which makes you a treasure for IG and they wouldn't mind you as a client , but apparently for some reason IG thinks the former ... Good luck

Re: mods - please delete

Can you shed some light on the other customers who have been scammed as well? Were they involved in your trading in some way?

Not involved in my trading whatsoever, it was off other forums and all they did was suggest i post on here

When i saw the comment re other customers and then i saw the binary bets made, hmmm, any chance of some sort of arbing going on?????

You really think it was just as likely that IG Index would go bust

Nope, I think it's extremely likely IG was unused to this kind of rapid loss, because they were supposed to win based on the normal profiles of their punters. I am not saying it wasn't the OP's luck, just improbable. If it was genuine luck, I am sure the OP will win in the end after having been made to jump through plenty of hoops.

perhaps this is a case of the op opening and funding an account, and passing the log on detailes to another, maby someone who is banned from ig
ig might have details of ip and mac address to confirm this
this does happen

When i saw the comment re other customers and then i saw the binary bets made, hmmm, any chance of some sort of arbing going on?????

If they hedged all trades and just made money on the spread, like they all claim, why would that matter? Of course I know the answer.

For the most part Incredible stakes I have to say, this if I read you account statement correctly. Where is the money management in all this I have to ask? Yes quite a few wins but you do have considerable losses as well. You really put everything on the line with these bets that could have burned down your entire account.

If I look at the indices trades you have done, nothing really to be upset about from the SB viewpoint as I see it, this if it wasn't for the huge stakes. IG had every chance and should have hedge all these large bets.

Get legal expertise as soon as possible to support your case.

I hear what you are saying, but my trading style should have no impact on this case. Infact why would £2,000/point affect IG? I thought they only make money on commissions?

Status
Not open for further replies.