Scalping_My Way with ACV

transfering it to other people is easy, the whole methods he talks of are simple and not rocket science. If you were talking about grey1's methods then i would agree with you as this is complex, but sorry speedscalpers system is dead simple to follow and this i guess is what attracted me to it. There are only about 6 rules to the system and so long as you are disciplined, which i was believe me it should work claimed bill.

jason

Jason (and others),

Please refer to the attched Word.doc (1 page). It's impossible to copy here - won't format.

Grant.

I traded on my ninja sim for 6 months these methods day in day out, i have made a whole book of notes, ive studied the dom so much that i can actually tell when there are fakes just like viper. It does work when certain other critria is met you just have to know where the fakes are and i made good scalps. The system he preaches is unique and so simple and i think this is a good approach and on some days i traded it it worked like magic but you have to get almost every trade correct if you are gonna make a profit as we need to cut losses very quickly. If i was to pick my scalps correctly 90% of the time i would have made a profit but i couldn't do so and even on my ninja i think i had over 70% of trades profitable but still made a loss. The one area now that i want to develope this style is the break-outs from the ranges that he talks of and walking the trendlines staying in the trade longer following vst indicator on the longer time frames as this worked well for me. Im gonna leave the scalping alone as i was not consistent enough at it.

Ive tried to contact bill many times now but he does not respond to my messages, i know he is a busy man with his trading school in seattle. Maybe is there anyone esle who is trading this exact methods that could shed some light.

jason

Jason,

The attached Word.doc is taken from VSTScalper thread on Elite Trader. Some interesting stuff.

Grant.

Attachments

• DOM, ET (printed).doc
    70 KB · Views: 1,282
ive read all this too, infact i think ive read all of bills stuff on every forum. And if you are joined to tradestation he actually used to go by a different name if you look him up and then opened another account under VST. He never proves his system in a live environment and i am not the first to challenge him. He will send you screenshots but this does not count as they can be easily edited.
If your interested in his methods i could easily tell you exactly how he trades as i spent alot of time with him and i know it down to a tee, where to draw the trendlines and mark them up correctly, when its ranging and how to trade them, don't trade the first 5 mins of trading, use a 610 tick chart for longer time frame analysis and a 20 tick chart for scalping. Like i said it may work in the longer term but if you scalp his methods your gotta to be correct 90% or higher. Which is possible of course.

At the moment im trying to learn grey1's strategy 3 system using vst indicators which i bought off him for $700 instead of grey1s macci, getting some good results so far on my sim.

If there was someone out there trading this style successfully day in and day out professionally like grey then please prove me wrong and show me in a live environment. Im 90% sure they couldn't as bill could not even show me.

the way i traded is i would wait until all entry critria was met, ie trade in the direction of 610 chart, and on the scalping chart wait until the indicator is wild exteme overbought (i only ever used wild extrem as bill said 95% chance), and the blue dot on the scalp reversal had stopped, make sure on my chart im away form my s and r lines, then finally check the dom to see if 2/1 ratio. Only if all above critria was met only then i would enter, and belive me i was disciplined and stuck to this. Most trades were so quick and i got two or more ticks from them nearly every time, but its the stop, bill says if you were wrong cut losses staight away. I gave my trades 10 ticks of room and set my stop to 10 ticks but most times i cut them way before this. The thing is with the scalping if your only going for two ticks and your stop is around 6-10 ticks which mine was, how can this be profitable in the long run.

Following and trading the trend and the break-outs from the ranges on the other hand work ok so long as you read the breakout correctly and i got much more ticks doing this

I also tried trading this style on the dax and at first i believed i had found the holy grail as it worked like magic, but then one losing day would cancel out all the winning days.
On the dax i entered with limit orders instead of market orders which bil uses and found being able to set my price worked best and cancelled it if the entry critria change. With the market orders you can lose two ticks staight away.

jason

i spent alot of money on bill's indicators and training and did get something out of it and have no regrets. But im willing to post everything i know about the system saving people alot of money, ill have to look at my notes again though as it was some time ago.

f i can get bills permission i would even give anyone a free copy of the indicators so long as they have tradestation, but im sure bill would have made copyrights against this but if i get his permission i will so we can all try it out and give the system a proper try, that would be a great idea as it would prove if it really works once and for all. The problem is bill never answers my emails or messages and is blanking me and has done since i stopped the training. He has no reason what so ever to ignore me other than me challenging his trading methods.

I noticed he has since developed his vst indicators directly on ninja trader with a dom ratio built in. This looks great i must admit and was considering buying it as it would save on my tradestation fees, but again he does not answerr my emails.

jason.

here is the set-up i used to use

Attachments

• mytradingsetup.GIF
    mytradingsetup.GIF
    95.4 KB · Views: 709
Hi Jason
Very interested in your replies, I have trade station, would it be possible to e mail me the indicators.

Many regards

kevin

I traded on my ninja sim for 6 months these methods day in day out, i have made a whole book of notes, ive studied the dom so much that i can actually tell when there are fakes just like viper. It does work when certain other critria is met you just have to know where the fakes are and i made good scalps. The system he preaches is unique and so simple and i think this is a good approach and on some days i traded it it worked like magic but you have to get almost every trade correct if you are gonna make a profit as we need to cut losses very quickly. If i was to pick my scalps correctly 90% of the time i would have made a profit but i couldn't do so and even on my ninja i think i had over 70% of trades profitable but still made a loss. The one area now that i want to develope this style is the break-outs from the ranges that he talks of and walking the trendlines staying in the trade longer following vst indicator on the longer time frames as this worked well for me. Im gonna leave the scalping alone as i was not consistent enough at it.

Ive tried to contact bill many times now but he does not respond to my messages, i know he is a busy man with his trading school in seattle. Maybe is there anyone esle who is trading this exact methods that could shed some light.

jason

most professional/good scalpers make money on only around 30% of trades. the rest are scratched, a few may lose what a winner made. if you could do 70%, you'd have been with me in barbados 2 weeks ago - but you werent!:LOL: :eek:

low costs is what makes scalping viable. good luck with the 90% goal. if i could do that, the last thing i would do is publish it! maybe its fine on paper, but unrealistic in reality.

yours,

skeptekool.

Last edited:
it was not possible to scratch some trades with this system as viper insists on using market orders for entry and exiting, though im starting to use limit orders now.
Your right low costs are the key and this is why im starting at a trading arcade next month. As a home trader i was paying $4.75 round turn.
If i could scratch most of my trades that went away from me i would, but what you supposed to do wait for them to come back, thats not realistic in my opinion as some trades can move away so fast especially on such a market like the er2. Viper says use 4-6 ticks as a stop, and scalp for 2-4 ticks.
Now next month im gonna start trading spreads and try to implement some of the stuff ive learnt from this system. Spreads are less risky so it might work better.
We can all juggle percentages about to suit and make us look good, but i was just telling the truth and i have it all on my ninja simulator, it was just i wasn't able to scratch trades as i entered on market orders and did not sit on the bid and ask, and maybe this is where im going wrong, please tell me how i would go about doing this and what techniques do i use especially when the market moves away quickly. Am i right in thinking i just place my limit orders and see if i get filled, if not just withdraw the limit order?
By the way i checked with speedscalper and he has all copyright to the indicators so im unable to give them out.

regards,

jason

If you were talking about grey1's methods then i would agree with you as this is complex,

jason
My swing trading strategy is not complex at all .. in fact it is very simple ,,,, the complexity of my systems arises when i have to compete along side program traders of major institution and be one of the winners scalping the kinda stocks that program traders love to trade such as AAPL , GOOG, RIMM,YHOO, EBAY ,,,,, This needs a lot of skill and understanding of time series.

The trade shown below was executed yesterday for 5K profit in 48 hours using basic TA,,, All you need to know is top down approach and sector/ industry strength / weakness correlation ,,, This is a trend following approach and most decent fund managers use it ,,,

Grey1

Attachments

• frg.jpg
    frg.jpg
    249.5 KB · Views: 450
sorry but,

what has 'barbados' got to do with anything???...........im nearly a millionaire on paper and have a nine incher but i don't brag about it.

too many fools on here these days.

Im just being truthful, it didn't work for me thats all. If you want me to post my ninja sim account page i can but what will it prove?

jason

I'm using strategy runner and I have my Dom exported into excel. How do I go about calculating the ACV Ratio?
Can someone also explain what the levels on my excel sheet are calculating. Thanks!

Attachments

• dom.jpg
    dom.jpg
    115.7 KB · Views: 376
Tyler,

Sum the figures in the bid columns, sum the ask column, divide the (sums) bid/ask = ACV.

The higher the acv figure, the more bullish, lower and bearish. This is because the bids form the numerator.

You may find it simpler to separate acv into bullish (bids) and bearish (ask); this aids instant recognition of which side is the dominant rather than inferring from a single figure.

Bid/ask gives the bid (bullish) indicator, ask/bid is the bearish indictor. To reduce this to a single figure but still indicate the dominant side, in another cell do this (assume A$1 = bid acv, B$1 = ask acv):

=IF(A$1>B$1,A$1/B$1, -(B$1/A$1))

If the bid acv is greater, the number will be positve (bullish); if the ask acv is greater (bearish), the number will be negative (also format negative as red).

I don't know what your figures trailing to the right represent.

Eurex have just announced 20 levels (5 on your example) on each side for their futures contracts.

Grant.

Thank you Very Much. I watched it a little bit today, I don't see how you can make a choice to scalp when its moving that fast. I guess I will have to watch it some more.

I am very interested in studying the ACV... I think it can be a great tool to help me with the precision of my entry.

I have seen an indicator called OrderBookDelta or EhlersFirOrderBookDelta.

If anyone has information on where one could get the code to that I would really appreciate it.

-Gary