Royal Bank of Scotland

Hook Shot

These guys raised their half year divi by 25% this morning and now offer an estimated yield of close to 6% for year to Dec 07 ..........

Share still remain below 600p

What am I missing ?? :rolleyes:

I don't know but if you find out, tell me as I've bought quite a lot of this share over the last couple of months.

The thing I've always heard is that the City don't like Fred Goodwin as he doesn't come down from Edinburgh very often and that they think he overextends RBS buying other firms.

The only other thing I know is he has a scallop kitchen in Fred's Folly as the corporate HQ is known up here! I drive past it often and it does look quite opulant, the outside that is not the kitchen!!

RBS in the long term should come back up. A the moment it is being dragged into the mire of credit crunching.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/money/main.jhtml?xml=/money/2007/08/03/bcnrbs203.xml

They have been left with $18B of exposure they are struggling to offload in the credit downturn as well, which adds risk obviously.

RBS has been left holding the biggest debt pile in Europe, at $18 billion, followed by JPMorgan with $17.4 billion and Barclays Capital, which has lent $16.2 billion.

News of the glut of debt on the banks’ balance sheets comes as the shake-out in credit markets produced new casualties and global markets were racked by further volatility.

http://business.timesonline.co.uk/tol/business/markets/article2184723.ece

The good news is going forward they have avoided the sub-prime mess, so perhaps its just a matter of seeing how the ABN bid pans out, final costs etc, then the outlook should become clearer.

Ooops

These guys raised their half year divi by 25% this morning and now offer an estimated yield of close to 6% for year to Dec 07 ..........

Share still remain below 600p

What am I missing ?? :rolleyes:

Shares moved to around 219p !!!! ( approx 10 yar lows)
Now up around 20% in last 3d ................

there is an underlying reason RBS is so low. I don't know what the hell it is but i can have a guess at hidden marked-to-market derivatives that have yet to be released. they were too quick to try and raise capital for me...

They got in first and that was correct due to a low capital position after buying ABN with cash and not due to hidden debts in my view gooseman

As everyone knows for the big 3 sick uk banks barc, rbs, lloy.... time now to just check the daily candles poss even just EOD expect the new lows but look for high volume reversal day ....then track for positive retest of the lows short term (to begin with )

Those with less time could do the same with weekly candles.......
=====================================================================================
Barclays now within 10% of their 2003 bear market lows so interesting this week ... I'm tempted to place buy order at 300p....despite 311p pot sppt.