Rolling FX Trades

rlambert

Hi,

I have been using a Metatrader 4 demo account for some months now. I am now looking for a SB company that offers a similar style of trading.

I have a Finspreads account and used their rolling trades, believing they'd work in a similar way to the forex dealer version. However, my trades were closed each night and then re-opened again, incurring any profit or loss for that day.

I'm looking for a SB company that will hold the trade open until I choose to close it, with me incurring the daily interest to keep the trade open, but without it closing each night. I also want the ability, as per MT4, to have multiple same-direction trades open at any one time, allowing me to close these trades on an individual basis as I choose.

Is anyone aware of a SB company that offers this type of dealing.

Thanks.

http://www.capitalspreads.com

Your multi entries will be tracked at an average price & you can only close the whole position, but you can close them individually via variable independent stop loss or limit profit options.

rlambert said:
Hi,

I have been using a Metatrader 4 demo account for some months now. I am now looking for a SB company that offers a similar style of trading.

I have a Finspreads account and used their rolling trades, believing they'd work in a similar way to the forex dealer version. However, my trades were closed each night and then re-opened again, incurring any profit or loss for that day.

I'm looking for a SB company that will hold the trade open until I choose to close it, with me incurring the daily interest to keep the trade open, but without it closing each night. I also want the ability, as per MT4, to have multiple same-direction trades open at any one time, allowing me to close these trades on an individual basis as I choose.

Is anyone aware of a SB company that offers this type of dealing.

Thanks.
A couple of points, rlambert:
1.Spreadbetting companies make their own prices, whatever the fine print says; in the case of Finspreads, they tend to bias the Forex quotes towards their advantage, and they are not the only ones, this happens all over the industry.
MT4 is a brilliant piece of software, but to paper trade strategies on it, and then to open an SB account is, in my view, imprudent; better to paper trade directly with the data provided by Finspread for a while, or to open an account with a FX broker directly, like, say, Interbank FX (please, note: this is not an invitation or a recommendation to open an account with them, only a given example).
Personally I use Finspread to trade the Indices ( the FTSE100 cash ) only, so far they have seemed quite reliable to me, specially when opening a trade, I have never been re-quoted, but others traders have had other experiences.
In any case, to trade Forex, I prefer IG Index, I find their prices less biased; but that is my experience, I'm sure other traders will disagree.
2.Roll over trades are pretty much the same all over the SB industry: automatic closing and opening of the position with a suitable financing charge; this is not only with Forex, but with any other instrument: shares, indices, etc...
In effect, they are "marking to market" your trades, as if they were futures contracts, but remember: the SB provider is also the market maker, meaning that you trade their prices, not the market's.
I hope these comments will help you.
Eduardo. :)