Reuters or Bloomberg

JSB1

Hi guys

I am an experienced trader (10 years) having traded equities/futures at large IB's. Am just in the process of setting up myself and am interested to get you opinions on newsfeeds. I have been a bbmg user for the last 5 years (replacing Reuters).

I will be trading EuroStoxx futures with a key part of the strategy reacting to market moving news. For example today reacting to the BASF profit warning. This news really does move the market and if you are on the ball and spot it instantly there is good money to be made.

So my question is: which provider has the BEST/QUICKEST live news feed. Reuters/Bloomberg/Dow Jones (or other)?

thanks for your help in advance

JSB

Reuters for news.

Most people I know use both for different aspects.

Thanks guys. I would be interested to hear from anyone who trades stock index futures, with a proven track record. Am setting up currently within a prop firm/'arcade' where there are clearly economies of scale for partnerships etc...

BBG is prettier

Reuters is quicker for most stuff, but BBG or DJN sometimes are quicker.

Reuters has a ****ing cool object oriented ****ing thing if you are a drunk nerd like me, but that is irrelevant. But it's fuking great.

Therefore get whatever, also get a real time squawk I suggest.

P.S. I know some people (not me) with proven index futures records that are looking for a new prop job, message me and I'll put you in touch ;)